[28] : unkempt

✧

after spending the night in dylan's bed and dylan spending the night on the gryffindor common room couch, hydra stumbled out of bed, taken aback by waking up in a boys' dorm where fred, george, and lee jordan slept. the morning sun shone through the dormitory windows and she rubbed her eyes which were puffy from yesterday. her body was shaky from the events that occurred in the previous day because her anxiety was high, but still she stood out of bed, cladden in a pair of dylan's sweatpants and shirt, grabbed her uniform, and silently crept out of the gryffindor area.

her stealthing skills from years of creeping around the halls at night paid off as she quietly made her way back to the slytherin wing, muttering the password to the stone wall and creeping up to her dorm. upon entering her bedroom, daphne's bed curtains flung open and she stared at her, a thousand different emotions painted on her face, with malinda sitting straight next to her.

"where were you?!" she whisper yelled, not wanting to wake up pansy.

hydra sighed," i spent the night in dylan's dorm."

        "do you have any clue how worried i was? how worried draco was? i mean, we both saw the way you lashed out at umbridge and then for you to disappear after going to detention with her... i'm sorry, are you okay?" she rambled, running a hand through her hair that was matted from her pillow.

        hydra crawled into bed between her cat and best friend and began to tell her the events of the previous day, which led daphne to a state of immense anger at umbridge and hydra had to hold her back so she didn't immediately go tell dumbledore.

       the two girls laid in bed, ranting, crying, and fuming together until the time for breakfast came and they heard pansy parkinson stumble out of bed.

       "are you okay to... exist today? for lack of a better term." daphne asked, smiling sympathetically.

       the pendragon girl nodded and got up, shedding dylan's clothes and putting on a clean uniform, not bothering to tighten her tie all the way or button her robe right. her slightly greasy red hair fell in front of her face as she bent down to slide on the uncomfortable mary jane shoes she'd worn too many times. taking in a deep breath and attempting to prepare herself for the day ahead, she grabbed her wand and made her way down to the great hall for breakfast with daphne by her side.

       her calloused fingers twirled her wand between them as she stepped into the hall, her eyes landing upon the woman who had tortured her the previous day sitting at the front, eating breakfast with a sick grin on her face. daphne grabbed her arm and pulled her over to the slytherin table where draco immediately looked up at hydra.

       her eyes had dark circles under them and drooped ever so slightly, the usual flame in them withering with fatigue and stress.

      "hi." she said, smiling up at him.