[25] : 12 grimmauld place

✧

the rest of the summer passed slow. daphne left after a while (though she came back to visit on multiple occasions), hydra spent most of the summer begging bill to help her get some money her parents left her in gringotts so dylan could come to hogwarts with her (to which he gave in eventually), and her and draco had been writing letters nonstop, falling deeper in love with every word written. hydra also struggled with nightmares sometimes - seeing that flash of green that had killed cedric diggory like a record of repeat.

"get up, hydra!" bill rabnot said, shaking her awake. she gasped in shock," what the shit?!" he laughed and helped her sleepily stand up as she questioned what was going on. his response was simply that they needed to go see some people for a few days. she quickly threw on some clothes, stuffed some stuff into a backpack, grabbed malinda and her wand, and walked out to the living room where bill was holding two brooms.

"bill! are you mad? it's 3 in the morning. where in the world are we going??" she asked, tightening the strap on her backpack. he walked outside with her following close behind and responded," to see harry potter."

the two took off on their brooms while hydra was absolutely clueless about what bill meant, but she followed him closely nonetheless while malinda sat right in front of hydra so the girl's arms held her tightly. the broom ride lasted about ten minutes before they landed in a small, dimly lit neighborhood. a group of people were gathering quietly and they landed their brooms in front of them. bill immediately got off and embraced some of the people in hugs, though hydra only recognized one as professor moody. the real professor moody this time. the others looked like complete strangers to her, but bill seemed to know them.

hydra tightly held malinda in her arms as moody looked at her and said," you brought the girl?" she furrowed her eyebrows, clearly having no clue what was going on, before bill said," well, i wasn't going to let her fly to headquarters on her own. she doesn't even know what's going on."

"does someone care to tell me what the hell is going on?" hydra questioned, quietly but in a demanding tone. a pretty woman with bright purple hair looked at her, smiling, and said," i like your hair." hydra's grimace dissolved as she responded," oh... uh, thank you. i like yours."

the purple-haired woman laughed as bill said," little dragon, just stay confused for a while longer and wait right here with malinda for a bit, okay? please." slowly giving in, hydra sighed and nodded as the group of adults, including her godfather, disappeared inside. the pendragon girl leaned against a lightpost in boredom and confusion as she waited for them to come back out.

'seriously... what is going on?' she thought to herself.

suddenly, the group re-emerged, but this time with harry potter. "where are we going? the letter said i've been expelled from hogwarts." harry mumbled, not noticing her yet. harry was expelled? "well, you haven't been. not yet." the one-eyed man responded. finally, harry's eyes caught hydra's, who set malinda down on the ground and ran to engulf her friend in a tight hug.