[14] : candlelight

✧

the remainder of the two weeks couldn't have gone by any slower.

each and every day was spent either hanging out in the living room with bill or lighting random things on fire with dylan. somehow, he had been incredibly helpful in helping her learn, even though he asked questions about magic every two seconds. she couldn't blame him though - he was just interested, but she still didn't tell him anything monumental about her parents being dragons or anything that would get her in trouble. saying goodbye to him made her sad, but she assured him she'd write via owl, prompting even more questions from the boy.

she wrote daphne almost every day and the two constantly expressed how much they missed eachother while also gushing about their crushes. hydra never considered herself the type of girl to talk boys with her best friend, but daphne brought out a happier and more childish side in her. it was something she was so fond of when it came to daphne.

malinda was busy batting at birds flying outside the window while hydra finished packing her bag to head back to hogwarts. her nerves were high as she prepared to see draco again soon. she'd made herself this nervous by telling draco not to write her... sometimes she wondered why she added that. she much rather would've known a week ago but oh, well, too late to change that now.

her and bill talked about a multitude of things in the car, packing as many conversations as possible into one ride, sad to be seperated again so soon. "i hope your friend, dylan, still comes around. i quite like him." bill said, looking at her.

"i'm sure he will. he thinks you're super cool." hydra smiled.

finally, they arrived at the train station and gave eachother a long hug before she crossed platform 9 & 3/4. once through the barrier, she searched the crowd for the one person she was even more excited to see.

"hydra! oh my god, hydra!" daphne yelled, already running to her before she even spotted her. the two girls collided into a hug so forceful it almost knocked them to the ground. malinda cuddled their feet as they did so.

"god, i missed that beautiful face of yours, wife." daphne laughed, pecking her best friend's cheek. hydra's world felt lit up with her back in her life. "you have no idea how much i missed yours, husband." she responded. the two walked on the train together and sat across from eachother in their own stall.

"sooooo... how did saying goodbye to dylan go?" the greengrass girl asked, petting malinda who was laying next to her.

"it was kinda sad, y'know? i'll miss him. he's been so helpful and kind lately. i'm not going to miss him asking a million questions though."

daphne laughed," did he actually figure out that you were a wizard all on his own? because, damn, that's impressive." hydra nodded, laughing, enjoying the moment with her best friend. two things she'd never expected to come out of this year were becoming so close with daphne and liking draco. if you had told hydra those things last year, she would've laughed.