[20] : beauty

✧

"are we missing any ingredients?" luna asked, looking around and under the table while a cauldron bubbled on top of it. hydra flipped through the pages of the potions textbook while daphne peered over her shoulder at the book.

"it says that the only ingredients needed to make an aging potion are newt spleens and bananas and we got both of those so we're good." hydra muttered, closing the book and setting it down. snape began walking over in the direction of their table and neville gulped and whispered," one of us has to drink some of it to show him it works! hydra, do it!"

"why me?" the girl asked, looking at her classmates who didn't seem to have the answer. whatever. it didn't really matter so she took the ladel in the cauldron and filled it with a little bit of the concoction. as snape inched closer, she brought it up to her lips, looking around at the table at her friends as she took a small sip of it. the liquid was bitter, burning her throat as it went down into her stomach. her skin began to slightly feel like hot wax, her features changing somewhat. her cheekbones became more defined and her lips fuller. her hair grew down past her chest. she had only taken enough to age her ten years or so.

"wow... you're even more stunning." daphne quietly said to hydra who had no clue what she looked like at that moment. snape walked by and stopped to look at her, his eyes scanning her face as now more than ever, she looked like her mother. snape and her mother were never that close of friends, but electra stood up for him when others didn't sometimes. she had no problem telling james potter to buzz off if he wouldn't stop teasing snape. snape knew that's where hydra got her snappiness from.

hydra furrowed her eyebrows at snape's lingering eyes, who immediately looked away and abruptly said," good."

she had no clue what that was all about but her eyes flicked to the table as she rested her head in her hand. a blush rose to her cheeks as she could feel stares gaping holes in her head. her eyes lifted up to see her table staring at her intently.

"what?" she cluelessly asked.

"you're just very lovely." luna softly said, closing her potions textbook and smiling at the girl. neville nodded in agreement and daphne hugged hydra's neck.

"if you took just one sip of the potion, you should expect the effects to wear off in 20 minutes or so. you're dismissed." snape said in his usual monotonous voice, making the class stand up out of their seats and gather their things. daphne leaned over to hydra as they begun to walk out of class and whispered," i can't get over how beautiful you are. like, you're beautiful at 15 then even more so in your twenties... imagine you in your thirties. hell, you'll be beautiful when you're old."

as they made their way towards the great hall for lunch, hydra began to blush, looking at her best friend. daphne was too kind sometimes and hydra was bad at accepting compliments so it made for a frustrating combination. other students around them had been aged up too - some only by ten years like her and some well into their sixties, clearly having drank a bunch of the potion. hydra brushed her now long hair behind her ears, wishing the potion would wear off already. the long hair was scratching her neck and her looks attracting far too much attention for her liking.