[17] : jealousy

✧

         "you actually think cedric was right about this?" hydra asked, walking next to harry as they snuck up to the fifth floor to the prefect's bathroom. "and remind me again why you even asked me of all people to keep watch?"

        "you are insanely good at lying your way out of situations if caught and you're my friend." harry said, smiling as she laughed and rolled her eyes. it had been a few weeks since the malinda situation and her life was going pretty good and things carried on pretty much the same. draco and her weren't officially going out and they were still at the soft stage of kissing, but she was grateful that things were going slow. she was very hesitant to open her heart up sometimes. when harry had asked her to accompany him to solve the mystery of the golden egg, she immediately complied, looking for any reason to spice up her life.

        they made it to the bathroom and looked around suspiciously before harry whispered "pine fresh." the door opened slowly revealing a dimly lit but grand bathroom. the bathtub was practically the size of a small swimming pool. their eyes widened as they stepped inside. noticing the amazement on harry's face, hydra said," the passcode was pine fresh, right? cause i'm totally coming back here." the two laughed before harry went over to turn on the tap and from the hundreds of faucets, water in all different colors began pouring out.

        hydra's eyes widened in amazement at the colorful water as harry cleared his throat, signaling for her to turn around so he could get in. she let out an 'oh' before turning around and facing the door. her body slid to the floor and she crossed her legs, leaning back on her arms as she heard the water splash when harry got in.

        "i must be out of my mind." harry muttered, opening the golden egg which unleashed a blood curdling screech, making hydra clasp her ears. "harry, close that shit!" she shouted. he closed it quickly and she removed her hands, catching her breath from being startled by the sound. "you are definitely out of your mind." her exasperated voice said.

        high-pitched giggles began echoing through the bathroom and the two teenager's eyes snapped in the direction of the sound. the ghost, moaning myrtle, was propped up on a toilet, looking at harry creepishly before saying," i'd try putting it in the water if i were you." hydra really did not like myrtle too much because of how loud and annoying she came across as.

        "myrtle..." harry said, shocked by the ghost.

        "hello, you two. long time no see, oh?" she responded, attempting to peer over the bubbles in the bath at harry in the water. disgust arose on hydra's face as her eyebrows furrowed, looking at myrtle and saying," hi, myrtle." harry moved some bubbles to cover himself. she flew up, saying," i was circling a blocked drain the other day and could swear i saw a bit of polyjuice potion... not being bad again, are you two?"