[6] : dazed

✧

        a soft light played on her eyelids, bothering her until she finally opened them. she looked around and found herself in the medical wing of hogwarts. her heart pounded hard in her chest as she shot up.

        "woah, you're okay." daphne said, putting a hand on her shoulder and gently pushing her back down. hydra winced, rubbing the back of her head, and asked," what happened? why am i here? how long has it been? is harry okay?"

        daphne smiled and responded," calm down, hy. everything is okay. harry is absolutely okay and he got the egg, so if you're wondering where neville and ginny and them are, they're celebrating with harry. they already came to visit you. it's only been a few hours but wow, did you scare me. i think when you made eye contact with that dragon that was after harry, you got so anxious you fainted and hit your head. almost gave me a heart attack. draco too. he ran down faster than i'd even noticed and picked you up. practically carried you all the way here until snape stopped him and got the attention of the other teachers."

        "draco?" she asked herself more than daphne. the blonde girl responded," yeah, it was weird. zabini and crabbe and them were laughing at you but draco was seriously scared. are you two friends?"

        hydra slowly sat up with the help of daphne and said," i don't know if i would call it that. did he come to see me?" daphne nodded and held up two fingers.

        he had come to see her twice? she had no clue why he was so concerned when all of his friends were busy laughing at her.

        "can you take me back to the dorms?" hydra asked quietly and daphne nodded, helping her up. her head pounded but she didn't feel like mentioning it. she grabbed her things off the nightstand and together they made their way to the slytherin common room.

        inside, draco was sitting on a chair, bobbing his leg. he looked up when he saw them walk in together and instantly breathed a sigh of relief. daphne whispered," i'll be upstairs."

        after daphne left, hydra went and sat on the chair diagonal from draco. "you really scared me back there, you know?" draco said, looking at her.

        "i'm sorry. i couldn't control it." she felt a little bit irritated that this was becoming a big deal.

        he scoffed," you could thank me."

        "for what? being a decent person while your friends all laughed at me?" she snapped.

        a sigh escaped his lips and he said," whatever. i'm glad you're okay." he stood up and headed to his dorm without any further word. hydra rubbed her temples and went up to bed, irritated with malfoy. why was he such a dick sometimes? she had passed out and hit her head and all he wanted was a thank you for making sure she was okay. god, he was so self centered sometimes.