XXIX

I woke up in the warmth of Banryu's embrace. The sunlight seeped through the thin curtains that hung from the large window not too far from the bed.

I slowly sat up, not wanting to wake Banryu up. I ran my hands through my hair to get some of the hair out of my face. My chest felt slightly sore since my wound wasn't fully healed yet, I needed to see Ah-ro today so she can treat it. I moaned lightly and rubbed my eyes to wake myself up.

I felt the bed move and Banryu shift over. "How are you feeling?" he asked in his raspy voice. "I'm good, how'd you sleep?" I laid back down next to him. "Really well, it felt nice having you by my side." he grinned.

"Hmm, me too." I hummed. "I'm kinda hungry." I spoke. "Let's go eat then." Banryu sat up with me and we walked out the room.

"Ahh, Areum. How was your sleep?" Master Youngshil greeted. "Very well, Master Youngshil. How about you?" I responded. "I had a good sleep, and please. Call me ahjussi, we're close anyways." he chuckled and I nodded in response.

"Where is my mother?" I asked as I served myself some food that was placed on the table. "She said she had some important matters to attend. She didn't say what exactly though." Youngshil tells me. I looked up in confusion. "Important matters? What important matters?" I mumbled.

"Maybe she went back to your house?" Banryu suggested. "Maybe, I'll go look for her after this." I shrug.

"I'll come with you." Banryu says. "Oh, alright." I smiled. "Wahhh, look at that. My son is so caring for his future wife." Youngshil laughed. "Right, Park Ho?" he turned to the man who sat there in silence since the beginning of breakfast.

He simply nodded and continued to eat. I noticed Banryu eyed his father and seemed to have an unreadable expression. I rested my hand on his and rubbed my thumb on it shortly to give him a feeling of reassurance.

Eunhi POV

I snuck into the palace and carefully made my way into the throne room. I stood at the very end of the aisle. I took slow steps closer to the throne that stood at the top of the steps.

I grazed my hand over the intricate designs on the throne. Just as I was about the sit on the royal seat the sound of the doors behind me being pushed open interrupted me.

"What do you think you are doing?" the enraged voice spoke. I chuckled and turned towards her.

"Jiso, how have you been?" I asked, starting up a casual conversation which made her quite frustrated.

"That's Your highness, to you." she gritted through her teeth. "Why? It should be you that should be calling me that." I sarcastically spoke. "You were erased from this family, you have no right to the throne. Ever since mother and father threw you and our brother out." Jiso sneered.

I scoffed. "Mother and father are dead, they aren't here to protect you anymore. Now, I can do whatever the fuck I want." Jiso was fuming with anger.

"And right now, I feel like doing this." I sat myself down on the throne and made myself comfortable. My arms laid on the armrests and I leaned myself back.

"This feels nice, this is how it should've always been." I smiled and looked down at my sister. "Enjoy this feeling while it lasts, because this is the only time you'll get it." she smiled sinisterly. "No, I won't need to. This is just a practice, I'll be back for it." I stood up and walked towards her.

I leaned closer and whispered into her ear. "You, it's you who should enjoy it while it lasts." I evilly laughed and left her dumbfounded.

Aigoo, you still think you can outsmart your 언느? You're still that dumb, selfish and spoiled brat.