VI

"A dance?" Soo yeon questions.

"Apparently. I don't get why I have to do it. The princess has all the skills so why not her?" I complain.

"I'm sure you'll do fine." Soo yeon rests her hand on my hand.

"Thanks. Anyways, I have to go and get ready to teach them." I playfully roll my eyes as Soo yeon chuckles.

"Alright, see you soon." We climb down from the wall and I head over to the lecture room. Standing at the front was a man, he was surrounded by instruments and played the drums loud.

At the front beside him was Lord Wihwa. I made my way up and stood beside him.

"Everyone, this is Woo Reuk. He will be teaching you about music and rhythm as Areum will also be here to guide you. Have fun."

Wihwa walks out the room and the attention averts to Woo Reuk. He decided to see how well the hwarangs could manage with rhythm and music so he expected them to either dance or make music.

I had a nice giggle out of watching them try. One group made music with their bodies and one of them ended up having to slap themselves on the face.

Hansung and Yeowool's performance was amusing but it was good. They were able to execute an unprepared yet graceful dance which made me smile.

Next was Banryu and I was quite curious to see how this would go.

He hesitantly started to play the drums but soon started to get into it and hit the drums harder with the sticks. He ended up hitting the stick a little too hard that it went flying back to Suho who caught it.

Suho let out a feigned laugh as I did the same and looked down from some second hand embarrassment.

Jwidi was fairly good and danced softly and elegantly. I never thought of Jidwi as a dancer but then again he was just a 'random person from the west' that no one knew about so honestly who knows what he learned.

Last was Seonwoo and I honestly couldn't hold in my laughter. He was stiff and had no flow whatsoever.

Aish, now I know who will need the most help.

Soo yeon POV

I wrote another letter for Banryu. I was gonna give it to Areum but she's busy so I decided to give it to someone else.

I stood in front of the gates and waited for someone I knew to appear. Suddenly Pi Jooki walked out and I quickly rushed to him.

"Yah!" I called out to him. He looked at me shocked. "What are you doing here? You aren't supposed to be here."

"Just take this, and make sure it gets to Banryu. Please." I whined. He groaned but nodded and took the envelope.

Banryu POV

I received a letter from my father. I was afraid to read what it had to say.

I leaned onto the post, in deep thought. Snapping me out of my trance I look up to see Ah-ro holding up an envelope.

"This is from Soo yeon." she says and I tense up. "I don't like you but it seems like Soo yeon does. If your intentions are real accept this letter, if not then I'll just rip it up." Ah-ro glares at me.

I sigh and take the letter from her hand.

___________

"Your days off are soon approaching. When that day comes I promise to tell my brother the truth. Until then, please survive from my jerk of a brother."

I chuckled at the statement.

"I heard that you will be performing soon, I will be sitting at the front watching you perform. Goodluck and perform well."

-Soo yeon

I felt happy after reading the letter and started smiling like an idiot but quickly refrained myself so that no one would see.

Putting the paper away, I opened the other envelope from my father.

Areum POV

Walking back to my dorm/house, I happened to spot Banryu. I suddenly felt happy and excited. Unconsciously smiling, I made my way over to him. I was about to say hello but I noticed his unsettled facial expression.

"Are you okay?" I ask and he looks up and shoves the paper he was holding into his robe.

"Yeah, why?" he responds coldly.

"You seemed bothered. Is there something wrong?" I move closer to him.

"It's none of your business. Leave me alone." he rolls his eyes and walks off. I sighed in disappointment.

Why does he have to be so cold?

________________

The knock at the door interrupted my sword fighting practice. I placed my sword down and slid the door open to be greeted with a smiling Suho.

"Hello Areum." he says happily.

"Oh, Suho is there something you need?" I ask.

"Well, I was heading out to start training for the dance and I wanted to walk with you."

"oH- I forgot about that! One moment." I rushed to put my sword in its sheath and took it with me.

"Let's go?" Suho nods and we head off.

"What were you doing earlier?" Suho questions.

"Oh, just practicing some sword fighting and skills."

"Where'd you learn how to fight? I never saw you around Silla a lot." I sighed and looked down.

"O-oh, I guess I'm not really fond of going out a lot. I learned sword fighting from my dad, he was pretty good." I smiled thinking about my dad.

"I wanna meet him, he seems cool." Suho smiled at me. "I wish, but he's gone now. My whole family is. I've been alone since I was four." I sadly said.

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"Don't worry about it, I'm used to it." I reassured him.

"If you don't mind me asking, how did your family uh, pass?" He asked carefully.

I didn't want to tell him about the queen, as I heard he was very fond of Queen Jiso and it would also ruin my plan. "O-oh, my parents got sick and after that my brother had to overwork to provide for us but he eventually got too weak and sick." a tear slipped out and rolled down my cheek.

I felt Suho holding my cheek with one hand and wiping my tears with the other. I would be lying if I said I didn't like his company.

"You're pretty even when you cry." he flirted.

"Aish, stop being a flirt." I playfully rolled my eyes and kept walking.

"I'm being serious." he whines. I chuckle.

"I bet you've said that to every girl in Silla."

"Nope, you're the prettiest." Suho grinned and caught up to me.

"If you think you can get me to date you like everyone else then I'm sorry, i'm not interested. Also Soo yeon would be annoyed."

"I like you forreal, I promise. I'll make you fall for me."

"Wahhhh, isn't that a little cocky? Too straight up as well." I giggle.

"That's my style sweetie." he winks and runs off.

"Yah! Come back here!"

a/n: sorry this chapter kinda boring, i kinda lost inspiration for a bit aha. don't be afraid to comment and leave a vote plz and ty <3