X

Before I could get any closer to her they all ran off. I was about to chase after them but Suho pulled me back.

"Areum, be careful they could hurt you-" he noticed my teary eyes and his face showed concern. "Areum? What's wrong." he asked and I shook my head. "U-uh nothing." I say before getting back on my horse.

We soon noticed that the wagon that held our gifts and food was now empty. "Why did you stop me? Now look what happened! We have no food and our gifts are gone." Suho yelled at Jidwi.

"Well we can't do anything now, let's just try to find some food and stay warm. Suho and Banryu go find some firewood, me and Jidwi will try to find food." Seonwoo says.

"Who are you to tell us what to do?" Banryu snarls. "Get over it, let's just go." Suho pulls Banryu away.

I didn't know what to do so I went to find Ah-ro. It wasn't hard to spot her since she wasn't far away. She was sitting with a group who seemed to be quite poor. I got a bit closer and heard Ah-ro telling her stories to them as they were eating.

I chuckled and decided to join in and sit with Ah-ro. I smiled at how intrigued everyone was in Ah-ro's story telling. I wasn't a fan of these erotic tales that Ah-ro told but it was amusing to see people swoon over it.

I wanted to check up on the princess and make sure if she's comfortable so I approached her. "Your Highness, is there anything you need?" I asked with my head down. "It's getting dark, I want to sit somewhere more comfortable and warm." she says bluntly and I nod. "Yes your highness, I'll prepare a tent for you and Banryu and Suho should be back with firewood."

I set up a tent for the princess and let her relax. A little while later Jidwi, Seonwoo, Banryu and Suho come back. Suho and Banryu place the firewood down and set a fire, meanwhile Seonwoo and Jidwi come back empty handed, unable to find food.

Suddenly Ah-ro appears with two baskets filled with food and a big proud smile on her face. I giggle and walk up to her to take a basket from her hand. "Where'd you find all this?" I ask her.

"Let's just say when you're kind, kindness will be returned to you." I roll my eyes playfully and prepare some food for the hwarangs and the guards while Ah-ro prepares food for the princess.

After eating I wandered around and walked along the river. "Areum?" I turn around to see Banryu. "Oh Banryu, you should be resting." I say. "You should too." I nod shyly. "I'm sorry." he says, which makes me lift my head up and make eye contact with him.

"For what?" I walk closer to him. "For lashing out on you, it wasn't your fault for what happened." he said as guilt was laced in his deep voice. I smile softly at him. "Don't worry about it, I understand where you were coming from. Although you did hurt my shoulders a bit." I teased and his eyes widened. "I-I'm so sorry." I laughed. "I was kidding, it's alright. Let's just forget about it, okay?" He nods and smiles at me.

_________________

"Areum, wake up we have to leave now." Ah-ro shakes me. "Mmmm, I'm up." I lazily sit up and fix my hair before packing my things and hopping on my horse.

After about two hours we arrived at the gates of Baekje. We told the guards what we were here for and we were granted access. We were brought in front of the king who was eating quite a big meal.

We bow and Princess Sookmyung begins to speak. "We have come to make peace between the kingdoms of Baekje and Silla. I am Princess Sookmyung of Silla." The king doesn't say a word and continues eating. The atmosphere was filled with an awkward silence.

He eventually finished eating and looked at us. "I heard that your gifts have been stolen by thieves." he says and Sookmyung nods. "Yes, we are sorry your majesty."