XXX

Everyone paused and all the attention went to the voice that called out. "Jidwi?"

"Areum, stop this. Please." he pleaded, desperation evident in his eyes. "Jidwi, get out." I said sternly. "No, Areum please hear me out."

"Don't get in my way Jidwi!" I shouted at him. "Didn't you hear her? Get out!" Banryu scolded him. "Areum just listen." he breathed out. I narrowed my eyes at him, waiting for him to continue. "What? Hurry up."

"That's my mother, I am the faceless king." my grip loosened on my sword. "W-what?" I was in complete shock, how could Jidwi be the son of this monster?

"No, you're lying." I denied but he shook his head. "No I'm not, Areum please. I know you hate my mother but please. Stop this." he begged. I gulped, not knowing what to do. I put my sword back in its case and stormed out the room.

Eunhi removed the dagger from Jiso's neck and ran out as well, Banryu soon followed. "Let them go." Jidwi ordered the remaining guards, they bowed and walked away.

____________

"Areum!" my mother called out to me. I stopped in my tracks and turned to her. "How? How can he be her son? They're nothing alike!" I exclaimed. She placed her hand on my shoulder. "I know, but I have a feeling he isn't too fond of his mother either. She kept her son a secret so that she could keep the throne to herself." my mother reasoned.

"I suppose so. Wow, so that means Jidwi is my cousin. Or should I say Jinheung." I muttered. "Areum, are you okay?" Banryu approached us. "Yeah, I'm just a little surprised." I responded, my voice a little shaky.

"Banryu, what are we gonna tell your father?" I suddenly remembered his father and started to panic. "Hmm, I don't know. We could say that there were too many guards. We can mention that it did scare the queen though." Banryu thought quickly. My mother and I nodded.

____________

"That's a shame, we could've gotten the throne by now." Youngshil sighed. "I'm sorry, we'll make sure to get her next time." I bowed. "It's alright, at least it gives us more time to plan more." Youngshil smiled at me. "I must say, your entrance was very grand." he chuckled. "Of course, I had to intimidate her from the very beginning." I grinned.

"Very good. Well, I'll get to bed now, you should too." he made his way to his room. My mother said goodnight to us and also went to her room shortly after.

Banryu and I laid in bed, no words were spoken. I turned to him and broke the silence. "Jidwi is a good guy, no matter how much I hate his mother I can't hurt him. We have to make some changes." Banryu gazed into my eyes and his eyebrows furrowed. "Like what?"

"We can't kill her, we just have to make her step down. I don't know how but I'm not going to let Jidwi lose his mother, I don't want him to go through the same thing I did." I explained. "Okay, we'll figure it out tomorrow. For now, get some rest." Banryu said and I smiled at him. "Okay, but we can't let your father know." I said strictly.

______________

I got dressed quickly as Banryu and my mother waited for me outside. We were going back to my house to discuss our change of plans, making sure that Master Youngshil wouldn't know a thing.

"Let's go." I say as I step outside. As we walked down, many eyes were on us. "I heard they invaded the palace." "They were going to kill her." "I think the king showed up and stopped them, that means they know who the king is." whispers went around the town.

I tried to block everyone out, only focusing on where I was walking. We finally made it to my small home, we swiftly made our way in and sat at the small dining table.