XIX

"Wear this mask whenever you go out, no one should know that you are alive. Or else someone could tell the queen." I handed my mom a cloth.

She nodded and wrapped it around her face. "Let's go." She grabbed my arm and we left the house.

________

"How does that one feel?" I asked my mother who held the sword in her hands and observed it carefully. "I like this one, it's not too heavy and I have a good grip on it." my mother responded as she placed the sword back into its sheath.

"Great, we'll get this one." I said as I handed the salesman the payment. "How did you make money?" I sighed as my mind went back to the hard times I went through.

"After oraboni passed away, I had to do all sorts of things like sell food on the streets and cook food for restaurants." I explained. My mother placed a hand on my shoulder and even though her face was covered with the mask I could feel her smile warmly at me.

"You're such a strong girl Areum." my lips curved upwards into a grin. "I get it from you." she chuckles and shakes her head.

Queen Jiso POV

"Your highness, I have some news about Areum." The general bows. "What is it?" I say. "Areum was walking around with a woman, but she had a mask on so I couldn't tell who it was." My eyebrow raised.

"A woman you say? She had a mask?" "Yes, your highness." I scoffed. "Whoever that woman is, she doesn't want anyone to know who it is." I muttered. "Keep an eye on her and that woman." I demand and the man bows. "Yes, your highness."

Areum POV

"Swing it around and place it on my neck." I instruct. My mom does what I told her and I felt the cold metal against my neck. "Good." I approve. Start repeating those steps over and over again.

She nodded and began to do each step thoroughly. I heard a knock at the door which made me and my mother stop. "Keep practicing, I'll check who's at the door." I close the back door behind me and open the front door.

"Oh Suho, what brings you here?" I ask. "I just wanted to check up on you." he smiled cheekily and I chuckled. "Well, I'm doing alright." "If you don't mind me asking, was that woman your mother?" Suho asked and I gulped.

"Y-yeah. Please don't tell anyone." I pleaded. "Alright, I won't." "Thanks." There was an awkward silence that took place before I spoke again. "Do you want to come inside for a bit?" Suho hesitated but gave in.

I let him and sat him down at the table. "One sec, I just need to get my mom." I say and he nodded.

"Mom, come in." I called her. She placed the sword back in its sheath and walked inside behind me. "Mom, this is Suho. Suho, this is my mom." I introduced the two. Suho stood up and bowed. "It's nice to meet you ma'am." "You can just call me ahjumma." my mother giggled.

"I'll prepare some food." I say and go over to the fridge.

Eunhi POV

"Suho." I started. "Yes, ahjumma? The young man looks up at me. "Do you like my daughter?" I suddenly hear someone cough loudly. "Mother..." Areum mumbled and I chuckled. "It's just a simple question."

"Yes, I do like your daughter." Suho responded shyly. "You're very respectful and handsome." I complimented and Suho smiled in embarrassment. "Thank you ahjumma." "You won't ever hurt her, right?" I questioned and he nodded quickly.

"Of course, I would never hurt her." I smiled. "Then, I won't mind if you two dated." "aLRIGHT, here's the food. Let's talk about something else shall we?" Areum interrupted and placed the food on the table which made us laugh.