XV

Areum POV

I took a refreshing shower and put on some clean clothes. I sat down on my bed and tried my hair with a cloth.

Without a knock my door was slid open revealing a panicked Seonwoo. "Seonwoo? What are you doing here?" I stood up and walked towards him.

"Ah-ro." he breathed out. "Huh? What about Ah-ro?" I asked. "The queen made Ah-ro a wonhwa." I gulped. "W-what?!"

"Where is she?" "Somewhere in the palace." I rushed out and snuck into the palace. I went through every room until I found her.

"Ah-ro!" I ran to her. She was sitting down as servants were doing her makeup and hair. "How did this happen?" I knelt down to her level. "I know who the king is and she thinks I was trying to seduce him. She made me into a wonhwa." she responded in a monotone voice.

"What? Isn't Seonwoo the king?" she didn't respond, she only looked at me with tears in her eyes. "I didn't want to do this, but I've accepted it."

I shook my head. "Ah-ro no you can't-" "Sorry miss, you can't be in here." a servant approaches me. I sigh and hold Ah-ro's hand. "I'm not letting you do this, I promise." I say before leaving.

If Seonwoo isn't the king, who is it?

As I walked off the royal ground I encountered the officials. "You're Areum aren't you?" The voice of Park Youngshil asked. "Yes, I am." I respond. "A woman as a teacher for the hwarangs huh? I must say, you are doing well." he complimented. "Thank you." I bow.

"You must know my son Banryu, how is he doing?" he asked. "He is doing well, in academics and physicality." he nods. "Very good, I must thank you for your commitment to hwarang." "Of course. I must go now." I bow and leave.

Eunhi POV (Areum's mother)

I placed my dirty dishes in the sink and sat back down. I looked around the small house. Since it was such a small place there wasn't much to do. I got curious and noticed the back door. I opened it and saw the small garden that hid here. Many pretty flowers and plants were growing around the area. One corner had a slab of stone and a bunch of white flowers surrounding it. It appeared as though something was carved into the rock.

I got a closer look and read what was on the stone. My eyes widened when an all too familiar name was on it.

It was my name. I read the other two names on it and my mind couldn't figure out what it was that was so familiar about them. My head started to hurt and I shut my eyes

Sudden memories began to flash before my eyes.

"Mommy! Look what I got for you!" my little girl ran up to me and handed me a flower. I crouched down to her level and she slipped the white flower into my hair. "Mommy loves it, thank you Areum." I place a kiss on her forehead.

I breathed heavily as more memories came to my head.

"Hold the sword like this and swing it around." I watched as my husband taught Areum and Ho Jin how to swordfight. I giggled at how Areum was struggling to keep the sword up.

"Here Areum, use this one for now." Dong Chul handed her a smaller sword which she was able to get a grip of.

"Come inside now, dinner is ready. You guys must be ready." I called out to them. The children immediately dropped their swords and ran inside the house, Dong Chul soon followed.

"No, no, no stop it!" I tried to stop my brain from stressing me out.

"Keep going! Never stop!" I smiled sadly at her. She looked at me with saddened eyes before running off.

My eyes shot open and tears started to build up in my eyes. "A-Areum, my daughter."

Areum POV

I laid in my bed as my mind went back to Ah-ro.

I wasn't going to let Ah-ro do this alone. I wasn't going to let another loved one die at the hands of the queen. How am I going to protect her? Aish, it's all because of that faceless king.

I suddenly remembered the queen's words.

"As a sign of gratitude, at any time you can ask me for anything. Anything you wish, even right now."

Hm, there is one way I can protect her.

Queen Jiso POV

"Ji Dong Chul, your majesty."

"Why does that name seem familiar?" I mumbled to myself. "Your highness, your tea." Mo Young lays the tray in front of me and hands me a cup of tea.

I take a sip and place the cup back down. I pondered on the name, Ji Dong Chul. My gaze averts to the names of the Wonhwas, one in particular caught my eye.

-Flashback-

"Eunhi, how could you do this? You try to run away and then you steal?" I provoke her. "I'm sorry Your Highness, just please let my husband go." she pleaded as I scoffed. "You think I would let this go? You, what is your name?" I pointed at the man beside her.

"Ji Dong Chul."

Suddenly a little girl enters the room. My eyebrows furrowed. What is a child doing here? The general dragged her up beside Eunhi. Eunhi glanced at her and her eyes widened.

"This is your daughter?" I asked her and Eunhi nodded. "I'm sure she'll be fine all by herself, don't you think so?" I smirked and Eunhi started to sob.

"Get her out of here." I told the general. "But she's seen everything." "She's just a child, she won't remember anything."

-Present-

My eyes widened. Areum is Eunhi's daughter. I have to get rid of her.

"Your highness, is everything okay?" Mo Young asked. I nodded in response. "Call the general." she bows and leaves to get the general.

"Yes your highness?" the general bows. "Follow Areum, she is Ji Eunhi's daughter. I need to get rid of her, make sure to monitor her every move and report back to me. Got it?" I instructed. "Yes your highness."

a/n: woohoo two chapters in one day haha. it kinda short but ya. don't forget to vote and comment <3333