XXI

Davina's POV

I woke up to sunlight streaming into the room, warming my face and reminding me of the chaos from yesterday. Turning over, I found Alexander's beautiful grey eyes locked onto mine. They were tired but brimming with an undeniable love.

He looked so perfect bathed in the morning light, his tousled hair making him even more attractive. My mind was a storm of thoughts about yesterday, and I didn't want to revisit it.

"Well, it feels great to be the favorite child of the Moon Goddess!" he remarked, never breaking eye contact.

"I'm sorry," I whispered, struggling with the weight of the previous day's events. I didn't want to talk about it, didn't want to relive the pain that had driven me to the cliff.

He gently lifted my chin with his finger, his eyes serious but tender. "There's nothing for you to apologize for. You scared me so much. I'm angry at myself for what I did—how I hurt you without even realizing it."

His breath was heavy, filled with regret. "I love you more than words can say. Please, don't ever scare me like that again. If you feel the need to run away, just take me with you. I can't imagine living without you." he pleaded, his voice breaking as tears glimmered in his eyes.

His arms wrapped around me, pulling me tightly against him. I could feel his heart racing as I buried my face in his chest. I hadn't realized I was crying until a tear fell onto his shirt.

I gently pulled away, finding the courage to cup his face in my hands. Leaning in quickly, I kissed him on the lips, then tucked myself under the blanket, too embarrassed to face him.

"You should be embarrassed... you don't call that a kiss," my wolf teased.

"Shut up," I muttered, hiding from my own shyness.

Before I could fully retreat, Alexander's body pressed down on mine, and his lips crashed onto mine.

Knock, knock

I shoved Alexander away and hid under the blanket, my heart racing wildly. I had kissed him before, but why was I so shy now?

"You pecked him like a grandma kisses her kids and ran away. Aren't you embarrassed?" my wolf chided.

Alex growled in frustration at the door. "Alpha, it's training time," Tim's nervous voice came through.

"See you there directly," Alex replied, pulling the blanket back over us.

He held me closer, his arms encircling me as if he was afraid of losing me again. I couldn't help but think about the training. I wasn't keen on seeing pack members in less clothing, but seeing Alex beside me without clothes was definitely appealing. I smirked at the thought.

"What are you thinking?" Alex's voice broke my reverie.

"Nothing," I replied quickly.

"I want to mark you," he said, making me choke on my own breath.

Surprise crossed my face. I wanted to mark him too but was terrified. My darkness that maria mentioned would become his, and I was already a danger to those around me.

"Hey... babe, look at me," he said, lifting my chin. "I'll only mark you when you're ready. No matter what others say or how badly I want to make you mine, I won't do anything you don't want. But promise me you'll stay with me. Promise me you won't run away again. I'd rather die than live without you."

I nodded slightly, and he pulled me into a warm, comforting hug.

"Now let's get ready. We're going for training with the pack members. I need to officially introduce you," he said as he moved toward the bathroom.

I sensed his disappointment. His wolf was sad because I hadn't let him mark me.

"you are indeed a dissapointment to everyone around you " the same voice spoke up again inside my head.

---------------------

* Author's Note :  please vote and comment if you like this chapter.  it will just take a second. :) . your support means a lot *