chapter sixteen

Jungkook had dreamt of Taehyung.

He had dreamt of him every night for the past three nights.  He had dreams in the midst of darkness, when all of his lights were off and he was shoved under his covers. He had day dreams when the sun was out, sitting at his desk with a cup of morning coffee. When he woke each morning he would dream that the boy was there, handing him a glass of banana milk to start his day and pouring the cereal for him.  When Jimin had crawled into bed, he dreamt that the presence was actually one that was larger and more dominant- one that belonged to Taehyung.

It was problematic, really.  The obsession that had come from a single fuck.  Jungkook had taken part in plenty of one night stands yet none ever seemed to linger in such a way as Taehyung.

None that came with as much guilt or shame either.

That's why when Jisoo had invited him to a late dinner at some overpriced vegan restaurant, he had said yes solely from guilt.  He knew that he'd be exhausted from work, burnt out on e-mails and presentations and dealing with his Father who only seemed to grow more senile as the days passed, but he couldn't say no to her.  Not when he was hiding such a big secret.

The two sat at a booth in the back, a small wax candle placed in the center, to the side, two wooden dishes containing miniature spoons and Himalayan sea salts- pink and regular.  Jungkook stared in disgust, it seemed unsanitary, like somebody could just dip their finger into it and swish it around.

"What are you staring at?" Jisoo questioned without even turning her eyes from the menu in front of her.  It was made on paper that had been repurposed- but wasn't most paper that way?

Jungkook scrunched his nose at the restaurants need to try so hard, "Don't you think serving salt that way is unsanitary? We could be speaking, our spit flying about- maybe we have a small lisp or we stumble on a phrase- all of a sudden..." He mimicked a droplet of spit flying from his mouth and landing right in the center, "Then I go to pick the spoon up, essentially mixing the salt and in turn my saliva all around.  The whole thing would be contaminated!"

The girl across from him blinked in disgust, "Are you finished with that?"

He nodded apologetically, "How is everything?"

She leaned back, "Beat leaf salad or avo protein bowl?"

Jungkook shook his head, "Both sound atrocious. I'm surely stopping for beef tips after this! Either way, you're avoiding the question."

Jisoo groaned, her fingers looping through strands of long black hair, "I'm stressed Kookie! Who would have thought that wedding planning- even with a wedding planner- could be so dreadful. Are you aware of all the steps that go into this?"

"You could always elope!" He wasn't sure why he was encouraging her to marry the man he was sleeping with any sooner than necessary.

"Right! Could you imagine our parents if we were to do that?" She laughed to herself, "Did Tae ask you to be a groomsmen yet?"

"A groomsmen?" Jungkook couldn't stifle his laugh, "Why would I be that?"

"Because you're my brother! And he's smitten by you, can't you tell? He talks about your constantly!" She smiled cheekily, "Don't get any ideas Mister! You'll have to find your own most eligible bachelor!"

He felt his palms get sweaty at the comment, "Wh- what kind of nonsense is that Soo?" His eyes narrowed in disgust, more so at himself than at her.

"I haven't decided on the attire for groomsmen.  We have so many options in the modern era- before it was a simple black suit but now, you could wear maroon or a pattern!  You could go without a suit at all and instead opt for suspenders! Did you know that people do that?"