Part 14

After a week, the winners were announced. They picked three winners to do another competition. A sing off. Y/n was picked in 2nd place.

But ever since Lucinda broke up with her, Y/n hasnt left the room other than to make a number 1 or 2.

Knock knock

"Who is it?" Y/n asked.

"Its Gene.."

"Busy, come again never..."

"Come on Y/n. Get out of bed. Lets play volleyball, you can take our your problems on the ball. Maybe hit someone.. i dont know thats what i do."

"Can i hit you?"

"Uhh sure. I guess, but only if you get out of bed..."

Then the door opened and automatically Y/n punched his shoulder.

"God damn! Okay, you can hit... my shoulder may be dislocated..." Gene said in a weird voice. Y/n laughed for the first time im a while. "And theres the smile we all love so much. Come on... Cat girl, er, Kawaii Chan, is teaching me how to make her feel better cookies."

"Alright fine..." Gene grabbed her hand and helped her walk downstairs

"Y/n sama!! Gene kun said hed go get you! Now, sit on the couch and let Gene kun and Kawaii Chan take care of you!"

"Ok Kc.." Gene helped Y/n to the couch. "I got it... i can sit."

"I know, but accept the help anyways.." He smiled. He walked to Kawaii Chan to help her stir the cookie mix.

"Gene kun, you stir. Kawaii Chan needs to being her a drink." Kc said. She brought Y/n a mountain dew, her favorite drink.

"Thank you kc.."

"Anytime! Oh uhhmm... Y/n Sama.. Kawaii Chan doesnt know if she should tell you, but Gene Kun was the one who offered to make the cookies. He said and Kawaii Chan quotes,  just another step."

Kawaii Chan walked away to finish stirring with that said. Y/n smiled, thinking of how much Gene did change. Every day when he locked herself in the room, Gene would check on her. The only time she unlocked it, was when Dante need to grab something or sleep.

Gene really made progress. Y/n just kept smiling...

"Thinking of happy times?" Gene asked.

"I guess... why arent you helping her?"

"She uh... she hissed at me? And it was scaring me. What if she bites me?!" He whisper yelled. Y/n laughed. "So what were you thinking about?"

"Oh you know, happy thought, happy things, being happy? I dont know.."

"Hmmm okay... well, ima go back to cat- frick, Kawaii Chan... and help." Gene walked away from the couch and back into the kitchen.

"Gene kun! Go back to her!"

"I dont know what to say!"

"But Kawaii Chan does. Go talk to Y/n sama about high school. She talked about it more than you would think. Now... Kawaii Chan can handle the cookies herself. Go!"

Gene slowly walked back to Y/n and sat near her.

"Shes yelling at me again.."

"Figured that much, she only lets other people help when she doesnt wanna do something... ive lived with her before.. trust me, i know."

"Heh, i feel bad for you. Wanna go walk around the house for a little bit. Stretching your legs can help a little."

Gene helped Y/n off the couch and out the house. He didnt know which memory to bring up from high school, so he brought up a random one.

"Hey remember, back in high school, you used to take my sandwiches and throw them at Dante cause he would flirt with you? Or when you locked me in the science class for an entire hour, just because I complimented you."

"No! I specifically remember, i locked you in there because you complimented my boobs."

"A compliments a compliment." Y/n laughed.

"Actually, remember when your mom thought i was Dante girlfriend hut when she learned how old i was, she thought we were together."

"Ohmygod yes! And when you almost peed yourself in homeroom!"

"How about when you farted on Dante cause he beat on Fortblock!"

"He deserved it!"

"Yeah whatever. Sure he did... FHEINFIWND remember when i put a wig on you and you had to wear my uniform?? Dante thought you were a girl and almost hit on you!"

"Yep! And i looked better in a skirt than you, just sayin!"

"Bo you actually do!!"

Gene smiled seeing Y/n was a bit happy again. Now to convince her to do the sing off competition....