Part 15

"They've uh..."

"Been spending too much time together?" Dante ask Travis. "Yeah."

"I mean i get Y/ns kinda the only person whos close with Gene other than you, but this... is too much..." Travis mumbled. Dante nodded.

"Tell me about it! They kicked me out of my own room!"

"What were theying doing?"

"She was doing his hair and makeup- like she was dying his hair back to how it was the first time she ever dyed it. And she pUT EYELASHES ON HIM."

"Too far! We have to say something."

"I want to but at the same time i dont.. theyre both happy again. Its nice seeing my two favorite people get along again.."

"What the frick am i Dante??"

"I dont know, what kind kind of frickin dog are you?"

Gene grabbed Y/na wrist.

"Now, when the ball comes, you gotta hit it with the side of your wrists. Dont let it hit your arm, thatll just bruise you up."

"Oh. Thats where i fucked up! I kept letting it hit my arm..."

"Yep. I noticed that last time. Now try hitting it.."

Gene ran to the other side of the net and served the ball. Y/n hit it, but with her arm still.

"Step back some if you dont think it can hit your wrists."

"Okay.. serve again."

Gene hit the ball back to her. She took a step back and hit it with her wrist. But the ball went up, so she hit it over the net with her whole hand.

"Damn. See thats something! Oh by the way, you do know when the next sing off is right?"

"Oh.... no i dont."

"Its tomorrow night. Youre still doing it right?" Gene asked. Y/n walked over to his side and took the ball then went back to her side.

"No.. i dont want to anymore... i kinda just wanna sit around and have without having a care.."

"I feel ya... Wanna back to the house? Im over heated, kind of in need of some cookies." He laughed.

"Yeah, after i serve this one time.."

She focused on the ball threw it up in the air and tried to hit it with her wrist in Genes direction.

"Tomorrow should we work on serves?" Gene took the ball and left it near Dante and Travis.

Gene and Y/n walked back to the house and immediately got started in the cookies.

"Frick! Kawaii Chans gonna be upset.. she hates it when other people make sweets without her.."

"Well she doesnt have to know." Gene smirked.

"Okay, lets bring them to the roof right when theyre done, swim a little, and then i have to rebleach that strip. Its brassy."

"Sounds like a plan.."

.....

"Shit they're hot!" Gene said holding a cookie.

"I know! Lets just swim for right now.." Gene slowly got in the small pool with Y/n. He got in almost all the way, right up to his neck.

"So why did you keep that necklace i gave you?" Y/n played with the little charms attached.

"Cause its a cute necklace, and it was a birthday gift." She smiled.

"Even after i got you in jail?"

"Yeah..."

"Remember what i told you? During prom? And before the jail incident?"

"Uhhh i look pretty?"

"Other thing."

"Uhmmmmmm.... i dont remember."

"I said i liked you."

"Oh! Yeah. What about those times?"

"So you know how i still felt the same after not seeing each other for ten years?"

"Yeah.."

"I never lost those feeling back then.. and then two years ago, before the jail shit.. i told you i liked you."

"Gene, wheres this going??"

"Y/n.. i dont know how i frickin feel anymore."

"Oh.. you think you still have a crush on me?"

"Kind of.."

"Lets find out." Y/n said before kissing Gene quickly.

"Maybe a little longer..."

Gene put his hands on Y/ns cheek and kissed her again.

When he pulled away, Y/n smirked.

"You still like me or...?"

"Definitely... and i know its too soon for you, but when we get back home, home home, do you wanna go on a date?"

"Wait.. where do you even live?"

"Same place, near Phoenix Drop High.."

"Wow... i uh.... i live with Dante, so wherever he is, I'll probably be there." She laughed.

"Ahaha, good to know.. but about that date?"

"Sure... when it wont be too soon to move on, then sure.."