Chapter 2: Not All Bad

Because she had made a friend.

"Ven-kun? Ventus! Wake up!"

The blond boy awoke to Noodle gently shaking him.

"It's time to get up."

Ven yawned. "Already?"

Noodle frowned. "Do you want breakfast or not?"

He groaned and sat up. "Alright, I'm coming. Are Chris and Keegan up?"

"Yes, we are waiting for you... And Murdoc."

"He'll be a while, I bet."

Noodle smiled and grabbed Ven's hand and led him to the dining room.

Everyone was sitting there, talking. Well, except for Murdoc, of course.

Chris turned his head to Ven and motioned for him to sit in the chair next to him. He did just that, with Noodle next to him.

"So, anything happen last night?" Chris asked, smirking.

Ven's eyes went wide. "What? No. Nothing happened, what are you talking about?"

Chris chuckled and put his arm around Ven. "I'm kidding. I heard you guys playing Smash Bros from the other room."

"What about Keegan?"

"He was fast asleep. I had to tickle him to get him to wake up this morning. Works every time."

Ven laughed and Russel put some plates and glasses down on the table.

"Chocolate chip pancakes? Oh man!" Keegan exclaimed.

"What, have you never had them before?" Ven joked.

"No, we just usually don't that much because our mom is pretty strict on that."

"Not entirely true, you just work out more." Chris replied.

"Alright, go ahead." Russel offered.

Everyone started eating just as Murdoc came in.

"What's this? You're eating without me?" He growled, holding his head.

"That's what happens when you sleep in, Mudz." Russel shot back, putting the green man's plate down. He immediately began eating while Russ gave him a look.

"No 'thank you'?"

"I'm hungover." Murdoc said.

"Fhat's no excuse." 2D stepped in.

"Oh, shut up, Faceache. I bet they didn't say 'thanks' either."

"They didn't have to, because I told them it was ok to eat, also they're kids."

"Thanks anyways, Russel." Ven said cheerfully.

"You're welcome." The big man replied.

"So, what, adults have to get permission to eat?"

"Let it go, Mudz. I only wanted to tell you that you need to be more polite, I didn't want to turn this into a big argument. Now, after this, I'm gonna go to the Geep and get the kids back home. It's your fault that they're here anyway."

Murdoc scoffed and continued eating.

After they were done, the boys washed up in the bathroom and got ready to go back home.

"Alright, guys. I'm gonna go get the Geep ready. Be out in 5 minutes."

Before they left, Ven pulled Noodle aside. "Hey, thanks for letting me have your room last night. It was really nice of you. And I had fun playing video games too."