Chapter 5: Momentary Bliss

Daveed Diggs.

The kids stopped in their tracks.

"Um, we were just... Hanging out." Ven started. "Stargazing."

"Mmm. Really? With Louis? I thought he was the one bullying you."

"Well, uh, he changed. Right?"

Louis nodded, but this left Daveed still skeptical.

"We were practicing magic!" Georgie blurted out.

"G-Georgie!" Bill exclaimed.

"Sorry, he wasn't believing us and it's pretty clear that we're bad liars!"

"Yeah, you are." Daveed chimed in.

"Wait, what are you even doing here?" Ven asked.

"And how do you know who I am?" Louis added.

"He's a substitute at school, and he saw you when you were passed out." Georgie whispered. "Also he's a rapper and actor and a bunch of other stuff... And kind of a superhero. It's a long story."

"Well, uh," The man stumbled over his words trying to find an explanation.

"W-Were you f-following us?" Bill shouted out.

"Alright, quiet down, ok? Aqua told me to keep watch over you, and I was supposed to keep that part a secret, but you figured it out before I could lie about it."

Ven gasped. "So that's why you're at my school!"

"I t-thought you were doing that to make more m-money."

"It was half true."

"But how did you know we were gonna be out here?" Georgie pointed out.

"Your phone."

Ven realized that he still had it in his pocket and sighed. "Do Terra and Aqua know that we're here?"

Daveed shook his head. "But they will. They're right over there."

He pointed to a spot pretty far from where they were, and there they were.

Terra and Aqua were standing out on the other hill, talking and practicing light spells on Terra's keyblade.

"What are they doing?"

"It's probably none of your business. But if you try to leave on that glider thing, they'll see you. So you can get caught, or you can let me take you."

The four boys sighed and hung their heads.

"I guess we have no other option. C'mon, guys." Ven said sadly.

And so they trudged over to the hill where the couple was, and when they saw them, they were both surprised and angry.

They all went back to The Land of Departure, also waking Eraqus and the other kids' parents, creating another problem.

"First of all, you had interrupted a very important night that Terra and I were having, trying to help Terra figure himself out, and take back control of the light. Second of all, Ven, you snuck out when you shouldn't have. You know better." Aqua scolded.

"I'm sorry, Aqua. I really am." Said Ven. "Chris and Louis just wanted to learn some magic, and I should have just told them to come by later after school."

Terra's eyebrows raised. "Teaching them magic? One, that's really dangerous for kids to be learning. Two, they don't have keyblades. You're telling me that you used your own keyblade for all of it?"

"Actually, no. I taught Bill and Georgie how to use it with their hands. That's what we were teaching them."

Aqua gave Terra a nervous glance. "Well, now we know that taking away his keyblade won't do much."