Chapter 21

Nicole

Hate, anger and jealousy surge through me as I watch that bitch, Diane laugh as Dilan tickles her on the ground. That should be me. I should've been Dilan's mate, his forever. A ball of air hit me and i fell to the ground. I muttered a string of curses under my breath before Cassy helped me up on my feet. "What the hell was that for?!?" I asked as I brushed dirt off my jeans and she shrugged her shoulders. I sent her flying back a bit but she landed on her feet and folded her arms while glaring at me. "Well its not my fault that you were distracted as we are sparring and I took it as an opportunity to sweep you off your feet." She said and I rolled my eyes."Whatever." I said and and an idea popped into my head.

"How about we see how good you are when am paying attention." I said with my hand on my hip and an evil glint in my eyes as I smirked at her which she returned. "You're on."And with that said I threw a ball of fire at her and she put up a shield to block it and she smirked as I glared at her annoyed."Is that all you've got?" She asked as I toyed with  another ball of fire and the warriors began to form a circle around us, curious to see how well this goes. I threw more balls of fire at her which she expertly dodged but I aimed the last one at her pretty yellow flowing shirt and it burned the lower part and she helled curses as she put out the fire and glared at me. "That was my favourite blouse you bitch." She yelled and I faked a pout,"Oops." I said,smirking as she fumed and her eyes turned misty."My turn." She said in a dangerously low voice which made me flinch a little but no one saw it as I kept my stand.

Suddenly the wind started moving in a circular motion as it formed a tornado which she sent at me but I raised the earth around me,using it as a shield as the wind tried to knock me over. I kept it up till the wind stopped but as soon as I brought it down she sent a spear made of earth at me and it ripped my jeans at the knee level and scratched my skin and I hissed in pain,"Karma hurts like shit doesn't it?" She said,smirking and I glared at her. We kept on using the nature around like weapons until a vine wrapped around my ankle and pulled me to the ground and held me down as Cassy walked over to me looking victorious she leaned over me," Submit." She said and tightened the vines around my ankle and I hissed and shook my head and she tightened it more, damn that's gonna leave a mark. I huffed,"Fine. I-I submit." I said,looking away."Good girl." She said and released the vines and I saw the marks it left on my wrist. I sat up on the grass and she held my wrist and I flinched and moved back a bit and she raised her hands in surrender,"I'm just gonna heal you." She said and I hesitated before agreeing and she healed me. I looked like I never even fought though I felt drained."Thanks." I muttered and she nodded in response.

"I think I'm done for the day so we can stop since I can see how much you wanna be with your mate." I told her."Ok bye." She said and rushed over to her mate who immediately took her into his arms and kissed her. Why can't I also be happy like they are? I thought as I walked through the training grounds to the forest for a stroll. Although I'm a witch I always felt at peace in the forest, it feels like home here. I touched a few flowers and they bloomed, it was a gift I was born with but I never told anyone about. I could nurture dying plants to life with just a touch of my hands. But I wish i had the power to heal a broken heart instead.

I found my mate a year ago when I went to study medicine at Stanford. He was a werewolf but he had a chosen mate so he rejected me. A chosen mate is someone who you love as your mate despite the fact that you have a mate. Before that my parents died in a war against the rogues, protecting the kingdom and since then Dilan has been all I have so would you blame me if I wish that my best friend is my mate. I heard a rustle in the trees and looked around but didn't see anything. I stayed alert cause the hair on the back of my neck was standing. I didn't dare ask who is there as peoole who ask that in movies end up dying. Plus my senses are not heightened as werewolves'. I heard something move in the bushes on my right and turned to that direction only for someone to hold me from behind. Soon I felt something cover my mouth and I tried to kick and scream but it was to no avail. My vision started to blur and slowly my conciousness slipped away and I blacked out.