Chapter 26

"Cherry you need to eat something. Please. At least do it for me?" He pleaded . I sighed. He's been at this for almost an hour now. Maybe if I just cave in he'll leave me be. I nodded and his face brightened up like a kid on Christmas morning, making me chuckle lightly. Not long after there is a knock on the door... I'm guessing he mind linked for food to be brought up. "Come in." Dilan called and the door opened and Fiona came in with a tray filled with some food. The smell of eggs, bacon and pancakes wafting up into my nose making my stomach grumble. My cheeks flush in embarassment while bogh Dilan and Fiona chuckle and shake their head in amusement.

"I'll leave you to it. Please make sure she eats Fiona. " Dilan says and she nods with a smile. Dilan kisses my forehead before he leaves, "Lemme know when you need me." He said and finally left. As soo as he leaves I go over to where Fiona is and engulf her into a big hug and she chuckles. "I know you've missed me but don't you think you'd still want me alive?" She joked and i let her go. She pushed the tray full of yummy foods towards me," Go on. Eat. I know you're hungry." She urged and I just nodded and started eating.

We sat in comfortable silence for a while as I ate and she just looked out the large bay windows . I noticed how she was zoned out, in her own thoughts. I studied her features closely and noticed the bags under her eyes she's trying to hide under some make up. She look tires and stressed, like she is lacking sleep. "As much as I want you here. Tell me, why are you here?" I asked before puting a forkful of scrambled eggs into my mouth. She sighs, " Diane... I just... It's ... Ugh!!" She seemed too frustrated for her own good. She tried to calm herself using breathing exercises.

I just stared at her as she calmed herself down. We sat in silence for a while. "He doesn't hate you... You know." She finally said and I snapped my head to her. She looked torn. I sighed, "I know." I said and slumped back unto my bed, staring outside the bay windows. She sighed... Again. She seemed to be doing that alot today. " He needs you Diane. Even though his testosterone won't allow him admit it. " I chuckled at her comment. " He's a mess D. He's beating himself up for what he said to you that day. He thinks that you hate him now for what he said to you. He's not eating, not talking to anyone unless it is related to pack issues. He's blocking evertone out.... Pretty much the same thing you're doing." She shrugged.

"Truth is, I just want my mate back. My wolf is constantly on edge because her mate doesn't want to be with her and it's driving me to the brink of insanity and I'm sure Dilan feels the same way. Diane... Please, you two need to talk to each other before -" I cut her off. "Fiona, I can talk to Flynn if you want me to. I'm not angry at him either. He just pointed out the truth that nobody wanted to. Alpha Nicholas wasn't my real father and it was my fault he was killed. So Flynn has the right to be angry at his father's murderer. I'm just a pathetic girl who needs her mate to protect her all the time." I voiced out and Watched Fiona's eyes turn glassy with unshed tears.

"How could you say that about yourself! Diane why don't you see all that we see in you! You're far from all that you just said. Heck, if I was in your place I would be broken by now. I can't even handle the stress of being Luna yet alone being Queen Luna. Don't let his words get to you.... He was angry and said things he didn't mean." She countered and I just sighed and nodded. I'm really not in the mood to argue with anyone about anything.

Fiona must have noticed my withdrawn state cause she sighed defetedly and stood up from my bed. "Diane... You have to fight to get through this. For your kingdom,for your mate, your family, friends... And most if all, for you. Prove to them that you are Queen Luna Diane Louise King. " She said and walked out if my room, with the empty tray that was once filled with food. I sigh, get up from my bed and walk over to the bay window in the room that overlooks the kingdom. I watched as the children played and their mothers sat a few feet away, keeping an eye on them and having conversations.