Page 13

"Joe, look at it again...something else happened."  she said, seeming terrified.

"Huh?"

As soon as he turned it around, he jumped, scattering backwards. The sketchbook flopped around and closed, and his pencils and other things scrambled away.

"Joe...this is actually really scary." Madi finally said, after being silent for a few moments. She seemed to be on the brink of tears because of how scared she was about this entire situation.

"I don't fucking like this, Timothy is gone! That can mean ANYTHING!" Joe's voice started to tremble as he stared at the notebook, not wanting to get anywhere near it.

"Timothy isn't the one?! He isn't the one...who..."

"J-J-Joe.." Madi said, her voice cracking, "I'm actually really scared right now..Timothy might actually be gone, and that'd be my fault because I'm the one who came up with the idea of getting his help.."

"Madi, no, i-it's not your fault...we just need to get Maya in this. Maybe Chronos is just fucking with us...in some shape or form..."

Madi stayed quiet until she wiped her tears away and spoke.

"Yeah, Maya might be the best help we have." She finally cracked a smile again, trying to lighten up.

"Speaking of her, she's...calling you? I mean, me? She never does that..."

"Let's go on a group call."

  "Yeah, let's do it!"

Madi and Joe took some time to get themselves situated before they finally got in a call with Maya. She was visibly exhausted, but seemed to be as concerned as they were. "Hey guys! Are you two okay?"

Madi started instantly acting like herself. "Well, this..this has gone into scary territory real quick. Don't you guys agree?"

Maya and Joe nodded in agreement. "Yeah, and if you guys are one hundred percent deadass right now, I'm fucking terrified. You and Joe just kinda...switched bodies?"

"Neither of us are joking..." Madi sighed, lowering her head. "...unfortunately."