Page 16

"Madi, what are you doing?" Maya asked, scratching her head. She forgot that it was a complete mess and began patting it down.

"I sent a message to Joe during Chronos's bullshit and decided to test something out! It could work, but I'm not sure..."

"It's worth a try though." Joe added. Madi nodded and maximized her screen again, waiting for the result.

"Basically, I tried the same time Joe did with Timothy except that I messaged Carlie and Foxy through some old roleplay chats. It's a bit risky since Chronos was just here, but again, it's worth a try."

"Ooh, Foxy and Carlie! That'd be cool if we could reach them somehow! I'd love to get in touch with my characters as well too...hmm..."

They all sat in contemporary silence, looking at one another. It was slightly uncomfortable, but then again, Chronos just had his visit with them and threatened them. What's not to be concerned in silence about?

It wasn't until Madi, of course, brightened up the atmosphere with her outburst. She looked as she was reading something, smiling from ear to ear.

"Guys, I think we're in luck!"

Maya and Joe looked over to Madi, awaiting for whatever was about to come their way. They lightened up as well, processing what she said.

"Carlie and Foxy both responded!" She said, sounding excited. "And this time its actually them, and not Chronos, thank fuck."

"That was kinda quick though, I'm concerned. How the hell did you do that?"

"Yeah, Carlie is always quick. Also, I used old roleplay skype chats I have with a friend of mine and cryptically left them a message, just like the response me and Joe got that was in the sketchbook."

Maya gasped. "You know what, that might be why Joe's drawing didn't work. The message didn't come from me, as maybe the creator has to write it...?"

Joe made a noise of relief (?), nodding his head. "Ahhh, that makes sense. A lot of sense actually."

"Too much sense." Maya added, laughing a little.

"Do you guys wanna know what they said or not?" She said, giggling at their attempt at comedic relief.

"Well of course Madi, they could be of some help." Joe said, hugging his knees.

"Here's what Carlie said..." Madi began.

"Hey Madi, thanks for reaching out to us, even though it had to be in the most subtle way possible. Me and my father are both willing to help you and your cool as hell boyfriend out with getting back to normal. My dad also wants to say something, so I'll let him respond in a moment as well, but I'm glad you reached out. I'm pretty sure this Chronos dude won't see me and my dad coming haha."

She smiled at the message, reading it over again. "Carlie is a sweetheart I swear. Anywho, here's what Foxy said" she said, before continuing to read.

"Hey wait...someone's texting me."

Madi paused, looking at Maya. "Who is it?"

Maya scrunched up her face and looked at the phone from all angles. "Well, it's not really texting, but I was just drawing and something was written on my canvas in nice ass handwriting...it reads 'Tell Joe to look in his sketchbook'."

Joe looked up in confusion. He shook his head and whined, scooting away from the phone. There was no way he was going to get near that thing again.

"No fucking way, I'm not doing it.."

"Joe...just hold it up then, without looking at it yourself." Madi suggested, even though it wasn't much help. He huffed and slapped a hand on the cursed book.

"Maya, you better not be bullshitting me this time, Chronos did some really fucked up shit before you called, as you know of..." As Madi suggested, he held up the sketchbook to the phone without looking at it. But to his surprise, the reaction was positive.

"Is that a drawing?" Maya squinted, looking closer to the phone. But Madi knew, making a loud happy noise.

"Carlie...actually was being serious." Madi smiled. "It's a drawing of her, Foxy and...someone else?"

"Oh, it's Chester! I think all three of them are talking through the book!"

Madi continued to squeal in excitement, waving her arms around. Things felt like it was just coming together.

"Also! Here's what Foxy said earlier."

'Hey Mads, as Carlie said, me and her are really thankful you reached out to us. I think you made a good, or great choice with reaching out to us. We are willing to help you in any form we can, even if that means using our powers, because you know for a fact that we'd do that if necessary. We'll be contacting Joe through the sketchbook you gave him soon - also, we have Chester with us. He'll explain everything in the book.'

"Yeah I'm already looking in the sketchbook. Apparently Chronos lied to us."

"What do you mean he lied?" Madi questioned.

"Well as we figured when he wrote 'Nice try,' we thought it wasn't the way to go. But the message Chronos left stayed true. Timothy wasn't the one, but Chester was, all because of that weird...third eye? Basically he's saying Chester was and is friends with him, so in a way Chester could persuade him to change us back!"

"So...Chester...knew Carlie this entire time,  and just...knew that her and Foxy were the right people to ask for help?" Madi asked. "Honestly Joe half of this entire time I thought it was going
to be you because you are the one who technically made Chronos a thing, so I was under the impression that you'd have to be the one to stop him...but I was oblivious to the fact that Carlie was the hero we needed all along..."

"Technically Chester as well, since he came with them, but remember the hint Chronos gave us yesterday to 'find his friends'? Well again, he-"

"Guys. Can I...speak?"

They both looked at Maya on command. She looked bothered, a fist hovering over her mouth. "A little explanation, uhm...you see, Chester does have that third eye, but I don't have a clue on what the fuck it does. It just exists. Joe, you're implying that Chester and Madi's characters came together and reached out to us, which you are not wrong. Madi, you basically said that Chester had the luck of finding your characters, but here's where the logic comes in. If all our characters, as we might think, lived in one singular world, and are connected to their creators, then Chester - and why not Timothy now - would be immediately friends or foes with Foxy and Carlie, all simply because I know you."

"Holy hell, Maya - If that is true -  that is clearly a mind fuck and a half." Madi said, trying to process all of the things she just said.  "But I think you're definitely onto something."