Page 7

"Madi, you're a genius!

"I am?"

He stood up, now walking around the room. "Yes! According to Maya, Chronos has this evil thing going on with Timothy, so if we could get in touch with her characters, then we could fix this!"

His enthusiasm died as soon as a striking thought came in. "But that's the problem...how will we get in touch with them? We're completely nonexistent to them!"

"I mean yeah..but that doesn't mean we can't write on the drawings a subtle message for the characters...right? Or would that be impossible?" Madi suggested, raising an eyebrow.

"I don't think it'd be that simple...it feels simple though..."

"I mean Joe, think about it. What if simply writing on the paper could make it send whatever character we wanted a message through said paper? I mean it sounds like something Chronos would probably want us to think, but it doesn't mean it's completely impossible."

He bobbed his head, thinking long and hard about it. It was worth a try, it could be the solution they were looking for. Chronos could have slipped up this time if it really was the answer. "Alright, we can try that. Which character should we draw?"

"I would say Carlie clearly, but she probably wouldn't be of much help in this situation since she has no relation with Chronos..so maybe one of Maya's characters?" Madi shrugged.

"Let's try that. I'll draw Timothy since he's the only one I've seen interact with him."

Joe looked down and moved his hand, but instead he stared at the floor. There was nothing to write on. Nor was he sitting down.

"...why did I look down when I know I have nothing to draw on..." He said, laughing to himself. He looked around Madi's room, searching for any art material. "Hey Madi, where's your art stuff?"

"Oh! It's all in that black box by my dresser!" she smiled. "My mom organized it."

"Will I find spare paper and pencils...?"

"There's a spare sketchbook on top of it. I uh...was actually going to give you that as well."

He pointed to it, reassuring he was going to the right thing. Madi simply nodded and watched him get the materials. It was odd watching herself move, but it must have felt the same for Joe.

After he got the needed items, he sat the phone up at an angle in front of him, along with the sketchbook. He opened it and immediately glided his hand across it, feeling the smoothness of the paper.

"Okay, uh...Timothy. I know he's blonde but...I don't remember what he looks like. You mind if I go through your phone to look for the picture...?"

"Sure, I don't have a problem with it. I know the picture is definitely on Facebook if I remember properly."

"I shall look there then...oh look, there it is. Funny enough it was the first thing I saw."

Joe looked down at his sketchbook and began fiddling with the pencil. He looked back and forth between the picture and the blank canvas in front of him. "What should we make him say? I don't really...know him that well..."

"Honestly, I'm not sure. You know I don't know him well either. I would suggest asking Maya, because she's probably the best help we have right now, if not the only help."

"Oh yeah, that'd probably be smart. And that's what I'm not, smart...I'm going through your contacts by the way." He scrolled through her messages as he continued to play with the pencil.

"Protective much?" Madi laughed.

"I mean yes, but actually no. You're mine and you know that." He said with a smirk. His face suddenly lightened up, nearly throwing his writing utensil.

"Oh hey, found Maya! Let's see..."

Madi patiently waited and put her head down. All she heard was tapping, and then typing. "God dammit Maya, of course she'd obsess over Chronos-"

"Don't tell me you saw our conversation about him..." She groaned, seeming embarrassed. Joe heartily laughed and waved his hand.

"Oh no, not at all. It's alright."

They both stared at each other. Madi raised her eyebrows and puffed out her cheeks.