12. Asked for A Date

"He clearly likes you! What's stopping you from being happy." Sakura said, as Sasuke walked ahead of them, talking to Shikamaru. Naruto hummed as he spoke.

"He didn't ask me out, he's just comforting me because I'm going through something. I'll wait." Naruto said and Sakura groaned, and was going to say something but a voice called out to him.

"Naruto." Naruto turned and saw Minato looking like he was out of breathe. Naruto immediate friends turned to look at Minato and stood back, knowing he must've finally realized that Naruto didn't live in that house anymore and came to ask him why.

"You moved out? Who are living with? Are you taking care of yourself? Are you sleeping well?" Naruto appreciated this man, he could never hate him, but his obligation isn't to him.

It's to Menma.

"I'm fine, your life is with Suki and Menma. You should talk to them, and not about me. I know they really miss you." Naruto said wanting this to stay just a few minute, he really wanted to take his chunin exam now.

"You didn't have to leave, I did promise Kushina I'd watch you." Naruto tilted his head, along with the other three Genin. Minato hadn't even realized he was spilling village secrets.

"She couldn't love me back, which I understood. I promised her when she passed that I would watch over her heir. I just need to make sure you are okay. You are her child." Shocked faces crossed everybody, including Minato but it was lost in Naruto.

His connection. This is why he always followed his connection. He always knew Lady Kushina was important , and it was because she was his mother. He was basically the best ninja in the lands child.

He knew it.

"Damn." Shikamaru said softly watching as Sasuke and Sakura nodded.

"Shit Naruto, you weren't supposed to know." Naruto looked at Minato and spoke.

"I knew. I found that out three months ago, but I didn't have concrete evidence, going based on my feeling, and I knew. I knew that there was a reason I adored her." Naruto started tearing up.

"Why would you hide the fact that she was my mother? That you loved her? That she trusted you with me? What was the reason of you ignoring your biological child and wife for you ex lovers child?" Naruto said and Minato stood there unaware of the reason of why, he just know he's always wanted a child that acted like Kushina.

He was obsessed with the thought that if He and Kushina had a child and it was Naruto. Then when he started using his sage, he knew that a Namikaze could never learn a rare Senjutsu.

"I thank you for everything you have done for me, but I'm not your child. I'm not out here poisonings kids to get my husband attention, or thinking about becoming rouge if it will make you look at him." Naruto sighed and hugged the blonde haired male.

"Thank you for loving my mother, but she didn't love you the same way. You have a wife and child that want to love you and you need to love them back." Naruto looked at Minato and patted his head.

"Bye Now." 

Naruto turned around and walked ahead with his friends, Minato only sighed and turned to his home. He needed to talk to Suki.

Naruto ignored the questions his friends were shooting off, and was only focused on Kakashi who was holding Sky, Sky was nuzzling into the man as he talked to Asuma. Kakashi however felt Sky jump from his arms and knew that Naruto was here. Naruto grabbed Sky and smiled.

"You must really want me and Kakashi to be together." Naruto said speaking lowly, knowing nobody heard him

"He's Dad. Mom and Dad belong together." Naruto had thought Sky would admit that, though he thought it would be around Kakashi and he would be ultimately embarrassed.

"I'll think about it, stop instigating." Naruto said and Sky nuzzled into Naruto. Kakashi walked over, picking up that both Sky and Naruto relaxed when he walked over.

"You okay? You aren't smiling." Naruto huffed with a smile, as Kakashi watched his face. Naruto nodeed before speaking.

"Lady Kushina was my mother." Naruto said and Kakashi hummed.

"Minato told me, and I was thinking, a little too hard." Naruto said as they started their walk to the academy.

"That would make me a Jinchuriki too no? I must hold the Kyuubi." Naruto said and Kakashi wrapped his arms around Naruto's shoulder and spoke softly.

The duo trailed behind everybody else, and they ignored every conversation.

"Have you seen any signs of you holding him?" Kakashi asked, and Naruto hummed.

"There was a voice that constantly told me not to eat the food Suki cooked for me, and a voice that told me that my chakras are combined now. Though I rarely hear the voice, I think I carry him." Naruto said and Kakashi hummed.

"I heard Jiraiya is in the village, why don't you have him take a look?" Naruto nodded and snuggled into Kakashi and closed his eyes being close to the academy.

"Thanks Kakashi." Kakashi nodded his head, and he went to speak but suddenly words were lost on him, he's usually vocal when around Naruto but he felt like he should just remain calm and allow the silence to swallow them.

"Do your best, though I know you will." Kakashi said as they made it to the academy, Naruto smiled and nodded.

"Thank you, say Kakashi." Kakashi looked down at Naruto, it isn't weird that Naruto doesn't call him sensei, Naruto had been dropped sensei but Kakashi didn't mind.

"Let go on a date, just the two of us." Naruto said and sky whined and Kakashi chuckled.

"The two of us plus Sky I suppose." Naruto said rolling his eyes and Kakashi nodded.

"I'd like that, just focus on your exams though. We'll have a date after your promotion." Naruto nodded and patted Kakashi hair, before walking to his teammates that looked so happy, and Shikamaru gave a lazy grin before the six of them walked into the academy.

"You made a move?" Asuma asked lighting a cigarette.

"Nope, he made the move." Kakashi said as they walked to watch the exams.

*

Finally! Though I hate slow build 🙃 but we are finally sailing ⛵️.

-Amiyah