DAY 13

Dear Readers...

Kiefer left early this morning with Dad. So it was only me, mom and Kylie left in my room.

We talked a lot about each other until Dad arrived around lunch time. He brought some foods with him which Kylie and Mom ate.

Dad said Kiefer wanted to stay at the store. He said Kiefer helped a girl who lost her wallet.

Kiefer is so nice as always.

And after only a half an hour when Dad arrived. Kiefer came with two people.

It was Yeonjun and his cousin Lia. Lia was the girl Kiefer helped at the store.

I was so surprised to see him here. And I know he was surprised as well when Kiefer explained about what's happening to me.

He stayed until dinner time. He kept making me laugh all the time. Even his cousin. We became friends immediately and she was so nice. She's also very pretty.

Mom came just when they're about to leave. She said that the doctor allowed me to go home tomorrow afternoon.

And our lessons with our tutors will start the next day.

Truly Yours...
Katara J.

Yeonjun's Pov

"First... Yeonjun... Once you see her... Can you promise to keep smiling in front of her?" Kiefer suddenly asked.

Why does he sound like Katara is in a bad state?

"What's with the fuss? Let's just go in!" Lia spoke and rolled her eyes.

This girl. She's so impatient. I should have just ditched her at the store.

Kiefer opened the door and we followed him inside.
And there I saw Katara lying on her bed. She have an oxygen cannula on her nose. She looks pale and her bruises on her arms are visible.

"Yeonjun!!?" Kylie and Katara exclaimed in unison after they saw us.

"Mom! Dad! This is Yeonjun! Our friend! And this is his cousin Lia!" Kiefer introduced us to their parents.

"Oh you were the girl at the convenience store earlier right? And you're one of the tutors!" Their father said while pointing at us.

Both of us bowed and introduced each other before I turned to Katara.

"Kiefer! Can we talk?" Kylie suddenly spoke and walked out with Kiefer.

"Hey! I... I didn't know you're situation is this bad!" I said while scratching the back of my head.

"I know right? Were you surprised?" She asked while her mom help her sit up.

Lia and I sat on the chairs beside her bed.

I never imagined to see her in this state.

We've chat for a while along with her parents. And they were so nice to us.
Kiefer and Kylie came back and Kiefer explained her situation.

But what really got stucked in my mind was.

"Unfortunately... I have 87 days left..." Katara said and my eyes literally widened.

"W-what!!?" I couldn't help but suddenly exclaimed.

"I know... it really surprised us!" Her mom said and forced a smile.

"Oh dang! Shall we not talk about the negativities! So girl! I heard that my cousin will be tutoring you and your siblings!"

And this is what exactly Lia is best with. Changing the topics and brightening up the mood.

"Trust me Katara! You'll be in good arms! Yeonjun and his friends are top students from Harvard so that proves them as best!" She said proudly and their parents laughed at her.

"Speaking of Harvard! Why did you move here! That school was so good!" Their dad.

"Oh sir! It was tragic! Unfortunately! My cousins and his friends were born with good looks! I told them I can help by cutting their face so to solve their problem but they refused!" She said and laughed.

"Oh dear! You're so funny!" Her mom said.

"No ma'am! I think it's really true!" I said and brushed off my hair with my hands earning a praise and exclamations from them.

"One time! When Kai and I finished playing basketball. We were suppose to take a shower but then dozens of girls suddenly started grabbing us. They even argued who can take a claim on us with us on the middle. Kai was about to cry and when they started pushing each other! That's when we started running away! I'm pretty sure Kai and I will win a marathon based on how fast we run!" I explained and they all laughed.

"Wah! I didn't know you have that kind of level of confidence!" Katara said while shaking her head.

We continued to chat more and I didn't realize that it took us until evening.

We were about to leave the hospital when her Mom came back after leaving to talk to a doctor.

"Sweetie! I have good news!" Her mom said.

"Mom! If you say that I'll be able to eat pizza then it's good news!" She said and her siblings laughed.

"What is it dear?" Her dad asked.

"The doctor said Katara can go home tomorrow afternoon!" Her mom said.

And that's the good news.

"Whoa! I thought Katara will be staying here for a week or so!" Kiefer said and he chuckled.

We spoke with them for a while before we decided to really go home. I dropped Lia to her house first before I went home.

And why am I even surprised that the guys are here. Chaeryeong and Yuna are also here.

"Hyung! Where were you?" Kai asked and took a drink from his smoothie.

Yuna is already sleeping on his lap.

"We're staying here tonight! We already brought some of our clothes!" He added.

"I'm sorry! I forgot to call!" I said.

"Where did you go? I thought you were just dropping off Lia to their house?" Taehyun asked.

"I went to a hospital!" I said and sat beside Beomgyu on the sofa.

"Hospital!?" The boys exclaimed except Chae.

"What happened? What are you doing there!?" Beom questioned raising an eyebrow at me.

"Don't worry!" I said and I started telling them the whole story.

They were surprised at first. But atleast they give out positive comments.

It was so hard for me to smile in front of her earlier. Knowing her current state.
She didn't deserve to be in that state.