Chapter 27

Antonio Angel Hernandez Sanchez

"We got some used bikes for you today," Jose said as he stepped into my office without knocking. My workday was almost over and Dean was supposed to be coming by. I didn't want to get caught up talking with my brother.

He slapped some bills of sales on my desk and then sat in front of me. "You know that Mac enters these into the system," I said.

"Yeah," he said and blinked at me. I had tried to explain to him on multiple occasions that it was just easier for him to give these directly to Mac. I saw the reports once they were entered in the system, but that didn't stop him from thinking I had to look at each bill of sale before it was entered. My store sold new motorcycles as well as used ones.

"We have these bikes in hand?" I asked as I started to glance over the bills of sales.

"Of course," he said. "Felipe is making sure they get unloaded as we speak."

They had bought five motorcycles in total today. Not a bad haul. My mechanics were busy with customer repairs and the repairs of the used bikes. They could handle it. It wasn't an overwhelming amount yet.

"What are you and Liz doing tonight?" Jose asked.

I set the paperwork aside to give to Mac later. "We are having dinner at our place, but we invited some friends."

"Who?" he asked. "Nevermind. It's probably Sarah and your new friend. What was his name again? Dean?"

"Yes Dean and yes that is who we are having dinner with," I said.

Felipe walked into the office while looking at his phone. He sat in the seat next to Jose. He didn't look up at us as we both stared at him.

"Do you have any plans?" I asked Jose.

"Just dinner with the family right, hijo?"

"What?" Felipe asked, finally looking at Jose.

"You and Maria are coming over for dinner."

"Oh, right. Sorry, we can't tonight," his attention went back to his phone.

Jose pulled the phone out of Felipe's hand.

"Hey," Felipe said and grabbed it back.

"We planned this last week," Jose said. "What do you mean you can't?" He grabbed the phone again.

"Maria broke up with me," Felipe said in a frustrated tone. He stood up and took his phone back from Jose. "I've got to go get her back." He immediately walked out.

"She's not worth it. Let her go or show her who's boss," Jose called after him, but he was already gone. I shook my head at him. "What?" he asked.

"Show her who's boss? Really? Try saying that to your own wife."

Jose puffed up slightly and said, "She knows I'm the boss."

"You would never dare say that to Rosa," I said. "She would kill you."

"Naw," he said. "I've got her all figured out."

"Jose, it's me. Hermano mayor. I've known you your whole life. You don't have to boast with me. I know the truth." He deflated a little, but wouldn't admit I was right out loud.

My office phone rang. I could see it was the front cashier so I answered. "Yes?"

"That handsome gentleman that was here the other day is here again," Millie said. "He didn't ask me to ring you or anything. He's just perusing but I thought you'd like to know since it seems like he is your friend now. Do you know if he's seeing anyone?"