Chapter 33

A/N: This chapter contains mature content. I will indicate where it starts with ------------------------ and indicate where it ends with ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ so if you want to skip this section you can.

Antonio Angel Hernandez Sanchez

As much as I wanted to get into the kiss, I hadn't actually heard Felipe's car leave yet. I pulled away, but smiled at Dean so he would know I wasn't rejecting him by pulling away. I went to a window and peaked out. I didn't breathe easy until I saw Felipe's car pull out and drive away.

I turned back to Liz and Dean. Sarah was coming down the stairs. That was when the savory smell hit me. It immediately made my stomach growl and I just hoped that no one noticed.

"You made tamales?" I asked Liz. Her homemade tamales were the best.

She smiled and my heart warmed towards my best friend. "I know how much you love them," she said. "I thought maybe you would want to share them with Dean."

"And I didn't have to cook tonight," Sarah said, "so bonus for me."

"Are you hungry?" Liz asked. "It's ready."

"Starving," I said. "You're the best, Liz." I kissed her lightly on the cheek as I always did. It wasn't until I saw Sarah's eyes flash to Dean that I realized he might take that wrong. When I turned to him, he had a slight smile on his lips. I should have known he would understand.

I took his hand in mine as Sarah took Liz's. We followed them into the kitchen where the table was already set. We sat at the table.

"Pork tamales?" I asked as I put one on Dean's plate. I unwrapped the corn husk for him.

"Of course," Liz said. "I know that's your favorite."

There were tamales but also beans and rice. And Sarah hadn't stayed completely out of the kitchen while Liz cooked because there was a spinach salad with sliced almonds, chicken and mandarin oranges with a vinaigrette dressing. I knew Sarah had made it because it was her signature salad.

"This really is delicious," Dean said after he took a bite of the tamale.

I limited myself to two tamales, a small amount of rice and salad and no beans. Dean devoured everything and Liz looked like a proud mama as she watched him eat. Between the four of us, there were no leftovers.

"I also made my favorite dessert," Liz said. "Hold on, I'll get it ready."

While she prepared whatever the dessert was, Sarah and Dean spoke about finances. It was a topic Sarah loved, although she was usually careful who she started a conversation with. With some people, she didn't mind giving free advice, with other people she wanted them to pay for her consultation. That was understandable.

I had a difficult time concentrating on their words as I watched Dean's profile. He was handsome and kind and cool and mine. I didn't realize I had a smile on my face as I blatantly stared until Liz's arm got in the way as she put a bowl of mango sticky rice in front of Dean and then one in front of Sarah.

Dean stared down at the bowl for a few long moments as Liz got a bowl for me and herself.

"What?" Sarah said with a little smirk. "Were you expecting something like flan?"

"I'm allowed to make something other than mexican food," Liz said, but I could hear the tease in her voice.

Dean looked at her and shrugged. "I wasn't really expecting anything," he said. "It's just, I've only seen this one time in a Thai restaurant. I've never seen anyone make it homemade."