Chapter 53

A/N: This chapter contains mature content. I will indicate where it starts with ------------------------ and indicate where it ends with ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ so if you want to skip this section you can.

Antonio Angel Hernandez Sanchez

I read over the divorce papers not because I didn't trust Liz, but because everyone should read legal documents affecting them. That was standard. After I looked it over, I signed it and handed the papers back to Liz.

"I'll take these to the courthouse today," she said. "They just need a judge's signature and then we will officially be divorced."

Neither of our parents had spoken to us since that night, but everyone else around us had been supportive. And most importantly, we could freely be with the ones we loved now.

"Do you need help moving?" Liz asked.

I already had everything packed up. We had already gone through our items like the dishes and knick knacks to decide who would get what. I was leaving all the furniture with her except for my bedroom furniture. I had already bought new furniture for my new house. It was all scheduled to be delivered later that day.

My new house was much smaller than this one, but I didn't need a big house. It was not far from here. It was in a wealthy neighborhood and the house itself had been built recently. It was a three bedroom house so I had two spare bedrooms for anyone who wanted to come visit. The living room was large so I could still hold parties if I wanted. And it was close enough to Liz that I could come back here to visit any time.

"No," I said. "Dean and my brother are going to come by later to help. And Dean said he was going to see if his brother was free to help out too. Do you need help getting Sarah moved in?"

"Maybe," Liz said. Sarah was officially moving in tomorrow. She had been spending most nights here since Liz had come out and she had slowly been bringing over her things a little bit at a time. She had also been looking into how to foster that little girl. Since she was already being fostered, it wasn't a simple process. "My brother said he would come over tomorrow to help her move her things."

"I can help too," I said.

She smiled and patted my cheek. "I'm going to miss you," she said.

"I'm going to miss you too," I said. We had been living together for over a decade even if there hadn't been anything romantic between us. It was going to be weird to live in a new house without her. On the other hand, I wouldn't have to worry about coming home and seeing her and Sarah half naked on the couch anymore either. Although, they wouldn't be doing that anymore anyway if they were going to have children living with them now.

"We still have to get together at least once - no twice - a week," she said.

"Okay," I agreed.

I went into work for a few hours and then went to my new house for the delivery of my new furniture. It didn't take them too long to get the furniture set up. I had also bought a television and gaming console that I set up in the living room. I mainly got the gaming console for when my nephew and nieces came over to visit they'd have something to do.

My backyard wasn't large, but I still wanted to invest in some outdoor furniture and a barbeque for when I had people over. I could get those later. They weren't a priority at the moment.

I drove back to my old house and began to load my car with boxes. Dean was the first to arrive. Mark was with him. The three of us took apart my bed frame and loaded the back of his truck with the bed frame and mattresses.