It's gotta be an accident

SOTD: NOW IS NOT THE TIME BY CHVRCHES

~

If it weren't for the distinctly different eyes and slight height difference, you would think Andrew and his father were the same person.

They both had the same calm air of authority that demanded attention everywhere they went. They both also had the same sly gaze that, when it was set on you, could either make you feel more invisible than you had ever felt in your life or like the most important thing in the room. They just had that thing about them.

My eyes took in Mr. Gold's suit which was identical to his sons save for the fact that Mr. Gold had opted for a black tie with delicate patterns woven through it.

"I must say, son, you've got great taste" The way he said it, at first, made me think he was talking about the suit but the moment his eyes met mine, I was sure his statement had a double meaning.

"You weren't invited" Seth growled pushing Trish behind him as if Mr. Gold was some kind of monster, "I want you to leave"

Mr. Gold only smirked at this as if Seth was a petty boy, "Would you quiet down, Mackenzie? You're getting a little loud"

Seth clenched his jaw but said nothing.

"Are we just going to stand here or am I going to be introduced?" Mr. Gold flashed a megawatt smile and I gave Tyler a hard look as I noticed her chest growing in size. She instantly stood up straight and looked away.

"Yeah, of course" Andrew muttered starting at Chandler, "These are my best friends Chandler and Ethan"

Mr. Gold gave them the warmest smile I had seen him give so far and shook their hands, "Anybody who has the privilege of being called Andrew's best friend truly must be amazing"

The two chuckled at this before Andrew continued with the introductions, "That's Kyle, Ethan's girlfriend, Sophia, Chanlder's date, and Trish, Seth's girlfriend"

"You, my friends, are some lucky men" Mr. Gold grinned earning three blushes.

"And you remember Harper" Andrew said my name quietly and turned to me, "My girlfriend"

My ears turned pink at this and Mr. Gold nodded, "I figured as much; you can't have a woman like this around and just call her a friend"

I wasn't sure whether to blush at this or be slightly appalled but I smiled at him regardless as he offered me his hand.

"Pleased to make your acquaintance" Mr. Gold gently brought a kiss to the back of my hand, watching me the entire time, "Again"

You would think his hand was fire with the way I quickly yanked my hand out of his and mumbled an apology, "My hands are a little...uhm, sweaty"

"I bet" He gave me the oddest look just then. It was the exact lazy kind of grin that Andrew normally gave me that was equal parts dangerous and playful but on Mr. Gold it was simply dangerous. I knew that the longer I maintained eye contact with him, a blush would creep onto the back of my neck and I quickly slipped my hand into Andrew's.

His gaze quickly went down to our joined hands imperceptibly before he smiled at the group and nodded over at the table Seth had designated for us, "Why don't you guys go take a seat and I'll order you a round of drinks"

"None of us are old enough to drink" Seth's voice was a deep growl and Mr. Gold rolled his eyes.

"You've been old enough to drink since the first time you ran away from home"

We all looked around awkwardly as Mr. Gold and Seth engaged in a stare off. Andrew was the only reason my fingers weren't in my mouth as I longed to bite my nails from the anticipation.