Chapter 17

America sighed and stepped into one of the cars they found. They found two pickups, so they didn't really have to get other cars, since you can fit both countries and supplies in the back and there are also seats so basically they were covered.

They had split up into two groups, one consisting of; Germany, Poland, America and Russia. The other group was made up of Aussie, New Zealand and Kazakh.

But before they left they buried Bela in her backyard. Russia, NZ and Kazakh wanted to stay behind a bit longer and mourn but Ame and Aussie saw a mob of undead so they convinced the three to leave.

When they finally got on the road, the ride was mostly quiet. Sometimes Germany and Poland would converse quietly but usually it only lasted about a minute. America tried to talk to Russia but he didn't respond to him at all, so Ame quickly gave up on that.

In the other pickup, Aussie was the one that was trying to get the others to speak up. He too, eventually gave up.

America pulled out his notebook and went to the page where he drew everyone in the group at the time, which meant that NK, South and Japan were still alive. (I think NK was missing at the time but there was still a chance he could've been alive so Ame still drew him- I don't quite remember so correct me if I'm wrong-)

He crossed out the countries that were killed. 'South, Japan, NK, Nada, Bela, god that's it, right?' He looked at that paper, and he couldn't help but cry. All those countries he could've saved, but he didn't. It's like he's a coward.

Russia glanced over at America and back at the road. "Ame what's wrong?" He asked him, his voice coated with worry. Ame looked up at Russia and quickly wiped the corners of his eyes. "Ahaha I got you to talk to me AHAHAHahahaha....." Ame tried desperately not o let his smile falter, but he failed and just turned to the window. Russia opened his mouth to say something but nothing came out, so the countries just stayed silent.

A while later both Aussie and Russia were tired so they switched out drivers, therefore Germany and Kazakh are the new drivers for while. Poland and America switched seats because Poland wanted to sit next to Germany.

The drive was mostly quiet in both cars.

About halfway to France, Poland started looking extremely sick and kept complaining about how he felt, which was shitty in a nutshell.

Eventually Germany pulled over because he thought maybe Poland was carsick. Kazakh also pulled over to see what's wrong.

Poland was still sick even when they stopped for about an hour. They decided to just continue on unless the Pole needed to throw up or something along those lines.

About an hour and thirty minutes later Poland started hyperventilating and passed out. Germany immediately pulled over and tried everything he knew to try and wake him up.

When nothing worked, Germany finally checked his pulse. He didn't earlier because he didn't want to face the fact that he could be dead.

Germs started crying when he couldn't feel his pulse. "P-PoleN!" He couldn't form a proper sentence, not even in German.

The other countries gathered around them, with sad looks on their faces. As Germany was sobbing into the deceased Pole's chest, he felt some movement.

Germany sniffed "P-Polen-?" He lifted his head slightly.

Suddenly an extremely sharp pain rippled throughout his body. The other countries gasped and America immediately tried to get Germany away from Poland, but Russia held him back. "It's too late, Ame."

Germany knew what happened. 'Belarus must've scratched him.' Germany cried more but didn't let go of Poland. "GO! GO BEFORE HE GETS LOOSE!" Germany screamed at the others.

The other countries hesitated for a moment, especially America, but ran back to the cars.

"RUSSIA I COULD'VE SAVED HIM WHY DIDN'T YOU LET ME SAVE HIM!?" America screamed at the Russian with tears welling up in his eyes. "Ame it was too late you couldn-" Rus was cut off by Ame. "ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!? HE WAS FINE AND I COULD'VE SAVED HIM! MAYBE IF YOU JUST FUCKING LET ME PULL HIM AWAY HE'D BE FINE! MAYB-" This time the Russian cut off America "MAYBE IF YOU HAD GONE AFTER HIM YOU COULD'VE FUCKING DIED! I'M FUCKING SOR-RY I DON'T WANT TO LOOSE ANYONE ELSE TODAY! I'VE LOST ALMOST ALL OF MY FRIENDS AND ALL BUT ONE OF MY SIBLING SO I DON'T NEED YOU GONE TOO! AND HE ALREADY FUCKING GOT BIT SO HE WOULD'VE TURNED SOON ANYWAYS!" Russia was also starting to tear up.

America opened his mouth to defend his argument but no words came out. A few minutes of silence later, Ame finally spoke up. "Just go...." The American said with a sigh and pointed at the road ahead of them.

Russia nodded and started the car. The others had already left, so it was just them, Germany and Poland.

As they started to drive off, America could still see Germany hugging Poland on the side of the road. 'I'm sorry, Germs...'

Germany's PoV

Despite being in unbearable pain, I continue to hug Polen.

He's trying to get loose, and he keeps biting and scratching me.

As I sit there, I can feel myself getting weaker.

I use the very last of my energy to say a few words...

"I love you, Polen."

921 words.

WOOHOO THAT WAS A HELL OF A ROLLER COASTER
Sorry i haven't been writing new chapters, other then starting school I have no excuse-

aNyWaYs, пока comrades and have a good day/night!

~Onion