Chapter 17

After the group drove us back to Victoria's and I's apartment I went to change into a pair of black sweats and a white tank-top with a light grey sweater half zipped up. Victoria walked in my room and leaned against the door frame smiling. Turning to her I raised an eyebrow and asked, "What you up to there?" Victoria shook her head and smiled, "It's good to have you back that's all." I walked over to her and wrapped my arms around her waist pulling her into a hug. Her arms that were crossed on her chest went around my neck while my head was in the crook of her neck. Hearing a knock on the front door we let go of each other. "Must be them." I grabbed her hand and intertwined our fingers while pulling her to the door. Opening it everyone pulled us out and I barely had time to lock the door before I was being pulled to the elevator. Getting to the beach everyone ran out and went to the water. I walked to the soft sand and sat down watching everyone splash around. "How come you aren't with everyone else?" Bringing my knees to my chest and resting my head on the top I shrugged. "I could say the same Lexy." She softly laughed and said, "Touche." We sat in silence for a bit before Lexy spoke up again, "I really did mean it when I said thank you for saving me. I probably would of died if you didn't move me behind you. And they never would of caught the guy if you didn't say his name. You were the hero of your own story." Giving a small smile I looked over at her and put a hand on her arm, "It's like what you said I'm a protecter." Shocked her eyes widened and jaw dropped, "You heard that?" Taking my hand off I looked back to the group splashing each other, "Saw it and heard it actually. I was in the room that day when you showed up." In the corner of my eye I saw she looked back at the water and said, "Wow. I can only imagine how it was." I slowly nodded my head and noticed Victoria was waving at us to go over in the water. Figuring it would be a nice distraction I got up and offered my hand to Lexy, "Come on let's go to the water." Lexy took my hand and I helped her up and we walked to the water immediately getting splashed. "Oh no it's on guys." I said getting low to the water.

After we finished our water war we set up our bonfire that Tony and Jonathan were trying to start. Victoria was sitting in front of me while I leaned against the log with my arms around her. Victoria was talking to Delilah while Luna and Lexy were talking. They seemed to be having a serious conversation by the furrow in Luna's eyebrows and Lexy's almost defeated look. I couldn't hear what they were saying because they have moved away from the group to have some privacy. I hope everything is okay. A couple minutes later the boys had successfully started the fire and we all cheered. "About time boys." Delilah said taking a break from the conversation with Victoria. They stuck their tongues out at us and sat down together on the log I'm leaning on. Victoria leaned more back into me and in return I tightened my hold on her. A little while later Tony and Jonathan disappeared which made my raise my eyebrow in confusion. "Uh where did Tony and Jonathan go?" Delilah and Victoria then looked around realizing that they were gone. "Hey we got a speaker and drinks!" Jonathan yelled while holding two beer boxes coming back with Tony who held the speaker and a case of white claw. Well this should be really interesting now. They set everything down and Jonathan asked, "Who's phone is going to play the music?" Luna and Lexy walked back to us and Luna sat down next to Delilah. Getting my phone out I offered mine and Tony set it up putting it on shuffle. "Hey Vic do you mind if I sit with Tony?" I said into her ear. She reached for my hand and squeezed it while sitting up so I could move from behind her. Kissing her cheek I got up and sat on the log next to her and called to Tony, "Babe could you get me a white claw please?" He turned and looked at me smiling grabbing me my drink and himself a beer. He sat down next to me and put an arm around me. I happily moved closer and cuddled into him. Everyone was still slightly damp from the splashing but with the closeness of the fire we should all be dry soon. "Hey guys the sun is setting." Luna pointed out and we all turned to watch the sunset. Sipping and talking all together made me realize how glad I am to be back and continuing to make memories with all of them. What a good day. When the sun set fully we all turned to one another to tell stories of all kinds and sing and dance to certain songs that played. I felt kind of bad for Lexy because she was the only one there without a significant other but the most we could all do was keep her involved with the group.