Chapter 18

Marcus did text me later that night and he surprisingly agreed. So currently while walking to class I was trying to figure how I was going to tell Victoria or if I even should. It's not right to not tell her. She's going to be pissed though. I broke out of my thoughts when I was in front of the doors to my English class. Technically my first day of college. "Hey don't be nervous you have me." Luna said while walking up to me and swinging an arm around my shoulders. I smiled at her and we walked through the doors and sat in the middle of the left side. "And don't worry about anything I'll help with all your work from this class and everyone else has already agreed to help with the others. We have your back Faith." Luna whispered while getting her notebook out. Soon after the professor walked out and quickly started the lesson. By the time it was lunch I was already tired, "Ugh remind me why I didn't take a year off." Victoria laughed and said, "Because you said you would forget everything if you did. So here we are." Groaning I started to eat my Cesar salad I bought from the cafe here and Victoria asked how the classes were so far. We spent the rest of lunch laughing and talking about our classes. "Last class for the day then we're off tomorrow." Nodding Victoria and I walked to our history class. After we finished class Victoria drove us back to our apartment and immediately we both started our work so we didn't have to do it later. Victoria helped me with what she could but for the most part I could pick up on the work I had missed. After about 3 hours I finished everything and went to make Victoria and I a sandwich. I knew she wasn't done with her work yet but she was close to finishing which made me figure she was hungry like me. After finishing our sandwiches I walked to Victoria's room and set it down next to her on her bed. Smiling quickly at me she took a bite and continued to finish a problem she was on. I went to my room and sat on my bed eating my sandwich while on my phone to pass the time until she was done. Once she finished she stood in my door frame and asked if I wanted to do something. "What do you have in mind?" She shrugged and pointed behind her, "Wii?" Jumping off my bed I ran to the livingroom yelling, "I am so going to beat you in Mario kart!"

Finishing 3 games with Victoria winning one there was a knock on the door. "Did you invite someone?" I shook my head and Victoria went to the door. "Hey what are you guys doing here?" Victoria said to her parents. "Just checking in. How is she?" Mrs. Grayson said while walking in. When we locked eyes I stood up and walked over to her pulling her into a tight hug. "Faith how have you been?" She said while letting go of me so I could hug her husband. "I've been good I guess just getting by. What about you guys? How have you been?" We all moved to the livingroom to get comfortable while we talked. "Better now that you're okay honey. When we got that call everything went downhill for us." Nodding with a sad look I let them tell their side of the story. When they told the story I had moved closer to Victoria who was quiet the whole time. I pulled her into my side and held her tightly while they continued and I noticed Mr. Grayson smiling at us. When they were done I spoke up, "I know you guys are her parents," they both glared at me which made me clear my throat, "Our parents." They smiled and nodded for me to continue, "I just really want to thank you for looking out for Vic when I wasn't able to." Mr. Grayson started talking, "We are family Faith we have each other's back even when one is down." Smiling I kissed the crown of Victoria's head and they stood up looking at the time. "We should get going. We talked for longer then I thought, it's 10pm." Victoria and I stood up to hug them and walk them out. "Bye guys and thanks for coming over. At some point we should all get lunch together." They agreed and then left after hugging us one last time. Victoria yawned against me and I chuckled, "Come on babe let's get you to bed." She groaned and buried her face into my shoulder. Lifting her blankets I laid her down and she quickly fell asleep. More tired then I thought. And I have 30 minutes before I need to get ready to leave. I am so sorry Victoria. I kissed her temple and left the room slowly closing the door behind me. Walking to my room I set out my outfit and laid on my bed quietly listening to music that was playing out of my phone. When it was time I changed and waited for the text from Marcus telling me he was here. When I finished wrapping my hands my phone vibrated which made me look at it.