Part 3

It had been a few hours since you and Cere had sent Cal off on his journey, you had decided to sit on the ramp to simply observe the beautiful wildlife of the unexplored planet. Watching as the furry critters, you had come to discover as Boglings, scurried around the landscaped you felt at peace with the universe. As if none of the horrible things all those years ago happened. As if there was some hope that the world would go back to normal, whatever normal was anyways.

   Suddenly the hatch to the Mantis hissed open causing the Boglings to scamper into the various underground tunnels they had dug out, a slim figure sauntered down the ramp stopping next to you. Irritated that the sudden appearance of the figure caused the critters to hide you turn around, exhaling heavily in annoyance. Your eyes landed on Cere's face, studying her expressions as to figure out what she could possibly want. Watching her lean against the ship you rolled your eyes and turned back around to stare at the land before you.

   "Is there something wrong? You seem irritated." Cere stated, her caring nature shining through her unwavering person. You processed the words for a minute, deciding whether or not you truly wanted to start an argument with the woman behind you. You scoffed deciding your annoyance was unfounded.

   "Nothings wrong C, just you made the Boglings run off." You spoke, resting your head on your knees, fiddling with your shoes below.

   She hummed in understanding, nodding her head to look at the horizon. Seemingly zoning out. Both of you sat there for a while in a comfortable silence,watching the furry animals emerge from their dens until yet another disturbance caused them to go back into hiding. Could the universe really not give you a chance to watch cute animals play? You groan, throwing your head back like a child. Cere chuckled, shaking her head at your antics then turning her attention to the person before you.

   "Congrats Red, you passed the test." You smirked at Cal. A small robot perched on his back peeking it's head out from behind him.

   "So you guys knew about BD-1?" He asked, lending you a hand to get up. You swat his hand away, not needing his help to stand up. Wiping your pants clean from any possible dirt you turn around to head inside the ship.

   "Come on board, we'll talk inside." Cere spoke, letting you and Cal walk in before closing the hatch.

   "Oh BD-1, this is Greez. Hey, Greez!" Cal chrips, pointing at the Latero. The little robot making a chirp like sound as it bounced around the lounge area.

   "What is that?!" Greez exclaimed, bewildered that an unknown being was messing up his prized ship. BD-1 just beeped and whirred back at Greez, seemingly as if talking back.

   "Get off my sofa! Get... get off my sofa! Go! Get outta there, get out!" The stout Latero yelled, chasing and swiping at the robot until it scampered back to Cal. You stood by, your back pressed against the wall and your arms crossed over your chest. Amused at the situation you stifle a laugh.

   "Relaxxxx Greez, that's just BD-1 he's with Cal, some type of pet or something." You assure the agitated male before you. You looks at you incredulously and flails his various arms.

   "I don't care who he's with. Do you have any idea how hard it is to get oil stains out of potolli-weave fabric?" Greez complained, you rolled your rolls. Both you and Cal mumbled under your breaths as you walked away.

   "Not really."

   "Ahh, I don't really care."

   "Oh,I hope you found something better out there than this droid." He spat as you walked away.