Part 7

Sighing, you shifted uncomfortably on the chair you were currently sitting on. Cere was currently looking for medical supplies to tend to the wound at the base of your skull. You weren't all too excited to have her put alcohol in that area. Shuddering at the thought, you parted your hair, allowing for a better view of the injury.

You had insisted that you were fine, trying to avoid Cere creating a massive fuss over a small cut. Not that you didn't enjoy the attention, of course. However, the woman saw right through you, pointing out the fact that the blood had now soaked your white shirt. Groaning and whining like a small child, you perched yourself on a kitchen chair, waiting for Cere to tend to you.

Watching as she neared the back of your head, a disinfectant saturated gauze in hand, you whimpered. Truly not wanting to feel the stinging pain of the liquid as it touched the sensitive skin.

Bracing yourself for the pain you felt it. The searing, stinging pain shooting through your skin. The skin on your knuckles had turned white from how hard you were gripping the table, your jaw clenched tightly as to avoid making any noise, and eyes screwed shut.

Cere smacked her lips, "It cannot be that bad. Stop acting like a child, Y/N. See? I'm already done." You peeled your eyes open, quickly realizing that she had, in fact, already finished.

Turning around, feeling the area, you looked at her. "Wow, you have a light hand. And you're quick. You even gave me stitches." She laughed at you, quickly organizing the medical kit.

"Well, yes. That cut looked pretty ugly, any longer and it could have gotten infected." She explained, moving to take a seat next to you at the kitchen table. You fiddled with your fingers nervously.

Now would be a good time to ask her about how long you were out...

You cleared your throat, finding it difficult to speak. Cere looked at you, concern etched onto her features.

"What's wrong? Did I miss an injury?" She asked, looking you once over again. You waved your hands, indicating that it wasn't the case.

Swallowing thickly you spoke up, "Hey C, back on Zeffo, how long was I outside?"

"A few hour. Maybe half a day, actually. Why?" She answered, still concerned.

Half a day?

You looked back at her, disbelief evident on your face. It felt as if you weren't even out for half an hour, let alone over half a day. It truly dumbfounded you, how could that happen? Cere looked at you, taking your hand into her own. You leaned into her touch.

So much had happened in the span of a week, you hadn't had much time to process much of anything. Especially not what happened on Zeffo. You had broken a life-long promise, you had used the Force to protect Cal. Everything you had held onto, you shattered for Cal.

How could someone you hadn't even spoken to all that much, shatter all your life views?

What had really pushed you over the edge was seeing your master again, it made you feel so guilty to jack that AT-AT with Cal and momentarily forget what took place mere hours prior.

Did he really mean that little to you?

"Y/N? What's wrong?" Cere asked. Her question interrupting your thought process.

Looking up at her, you stared into her warm, brown eyes. Your lip quivered as tears threatened to spill. Squeezing her hand you spoke, "Cere, I'm scared. I'm so scared- back on Zeffo- I did something.."

Confessing just made the older woman all the more concerned. Resting her other hand on your shoulder, she spoke again. "What happened? What did you do?"