Chapter 5

My heart has stopped. It must no longer exist, this is the end. The end of my social life. The end of my future. The end of my life in general. All because of my stupid dream! It was a nice dream though.

I can lie, I know I have never been good at it, especially with my oldest friends Jason and Jess. Maybe I can convince him that he was dreaming! That's a good idea...right?

*Thump Thump* my heart pumped the vital blood my brain required to think.

Since when did I start talking in my sleep in the first place!

*Thump Thump*

Maybe I didn't say anything at all? Maybe not everything is over?

*Thump Thump*

Shit how long has it been?! The longer I wait, the more guilty I will appear. The longer I wait, the less likely I will be to convince him of what I want him to think he had heard.

*Thump Thump*

"Um I was...?" I stammered out.

SHIT SHIT SHIT! Brittany, you are supposed to convince Jason nothing happened, could you sound any more guilty! Fuck! My cheeks are flush! Ok, new plan.

"Yes you were." Laughed Jason "Who were you dreaming of?

WHO?! What does he mean who?

"Um...ah what do you mean?" I said playing dumb

"You. I heard you moaning, and grunting. Hell, I even heard you saying you were really really wet. Who were you having a sex dream about!" Jason whispered still holding that stupid grin of his.

Even though that was not what my dream was about, the thought of doing that at school still brought more heat to my cheeks.

"O MY GOD IT IS TRUE!" Jason yelled, forgetting that he was whispering only seconds earlier.

"Could you be a little quieter!" I growled at Jason as heads from the seats around us started to turn their heads.

"Ok, ok. Sorry, but for what, 12 years I have known you, I have NEVER known you to like someone! This is just too exciting to contain! So who is it? Do they go to our school?" Jason asked back to his whisper but having a hard time still controlling his volume.

He is right, I have never told him about anyone, frankly I had never found anyone I liked. I didn't even know where to start. I couldn't tell him it was someone in our class, he would never stop trying to be matchmaker if I did.

"Um...no he does not live here, you don't know him..." hey I technically didn't lie.

"Oh so at another school? How did you meet?"

How can I get him to stop asking questions. No matter who I say he will want to see a picture for proof.

"Um no he does not go to school, he is older. And I have never met him before" Maybe that will stop his questions

"Ooo so was it like your celebrity crush or something?" probed Jason. Crap why didn't I think about that! He was way too open about his opinion of Emma Watson and wanted to know other peoples' crushes.

"Um...maybe?" Damn why did I have to be the only girl who didn't even have a celebrity crush I could use as a scapegoat. I had to think of someone fast before he started to think I was lying.

Yet no matter how hard I tried, I could not think of another person.

"Chris Pratt" I falsely admitted, forcing an embarrassed smile to add to the lie.