Chapter 16

After my hour of fun and then laziness it became apparent that the garment I was wearing was in need of a serious change. I rolled over onto the floor and reached under my bed taking the pink and purple box from its hastily put together hiding place along with wipes from its truly noticeable cave if anyone chose to start lurking. Pushing down my pants it was amazing exactly how much it had swollen and discolored. If Jason had seen me like this there would be no hiding that I was a wet little girl in need of a change. I kick my pants to the side before pushing the goodnite down letting it land with a heavy thud as I continue to change myself for the first time in a week. After a few wipes I quickly grabbed another goodnite and stepped right in without giving it a second thought.

I stared at the stack of books that awaited me and I groaned knowing that I would not be leaving my room much this weekend; the list of problem sets alone for AP Calculus would be enough to ruin a normal weekend. I decided to start off easy with History; three chapters and three worksheets should be the perfect way to get back into being a normal high school student.

An hour and a half of bad posture I finished history and the last worksheet. The lineage of middle age kings of England was too much for me, ending with the war of the roses was not as exciting as the note from Jason had led me to believe. When he said that his favorite TV show was possibly based on this conflict of kings I had expected a little more edge of my seat action. I needed a mental and physical break as a yawn escaped.

"Shit, I used way too much energy on this, and I just started. I need a little pick me up if I am going to get anything else done today." I said to myself as I pushed myself up, stretched, and made my way down to the kitchen where my mom was currently doing the dishes.

"Hey hunny, how was Jason?" she asked as I walked through the door to open the fridge. For some reason I stared into it looking for what I wanted to drink even though a two liter of Mountain Dew was right in front of my face and knowing I could not resist my favorite drink. I close the door, a two liter of mountain dew in my right hand and walk to grab the biggest glass I could find.

"I think he is really lonely, I feel so bad not being at school with him. I guess Jess has been ignoring him the whole week because of a new boyfriend she has." I told my mom letting my emotions show as I shackley pour the green fluid into its awaiting glass.

"That poor boy, he has always been so smitten with her. But don't worry I am sure you will be back there by Monday. Hey don't drink too much, dinner will be in a couple hours and I don't want you ruining your appetite" I hear her say as she shuts off the water placing the last dish in the dishwasher. As I start to screw in the cap of the pop back on after filling the glass till it was almost overflowing I feel a tug at my waist and feel my mother's breath on the back of my neck as she peaked down the back of my goodnite.

"Good I am glad to see that you are clean, and also dry" She said sticking her finger in the side of my goodnite checking for wetness.

"Mom I can tell you if I need change" I say in an annoyed voice slightly embarrassed by my mom's action. "I am going to be in my room, starting on my chemistry homework, hopefully I can finish most of everything so my weekend is not completely ruined."

"Ok I will call you when dinner is ready." I hear her say as I walk out and hear my mom start playing some music, some high pitched punk rock singer from the 90s singing about being small.

When I get up to my room I am still thinking about my mom checking me without warning like that, it had really been an odd week, one that I don't think I could continue to hide if she was going to do stuff like that, no matter how much I wished it to. Since I felt the slight need to pee, I decided to end the fun and to be a big girl by going to the bathroom. As I pull down my pants and sit down it dawns on me that it really has been a week since I had last done this seemingly normal task, yet it was no longer normal for me to sit on this cold hard seat. I relaxed the best I could, and soon started hearing that distinct splashing sound that confirmed that I was a big kid now. I started to hum the jingle and a laugh escaped me as I finished. As I am washing my hands I see that I am smiling, oddly I felt proud of what I had just done. I shake my head as I walk back into my room grabbing my candy from Jason as I open my book and start balancing chemical equations.

By bed time I had successfully given up on chemistry and finished half of my calculus homework, it was not that it was hard, just tedious work to do multivariable integration. It took a full sheet of paper just for one question and my hand was starting to cramp. It also did not help that the mountain dew was quickly going through my body and I was continuously going to the bathroom. I was coming out of the bathroom for the 6th or 7th time when I was stopped by my mom.

"Well this explains the lack of changes today, I am proud of you for making it to the potty" she said. "I am guessing that means you are feeling better?"

"Ya I think so" I said a little embarrassed my mom said she was proud of me for making it to the bathroom.

"Well can you still wear one tonight, just in case?" My mom asked

I was planning to do this anyway, even though I was self potty training that did not mean I wanted to fully grow up and get rid of the comfortable fluff that encompassed my lower half. "Yes mom, I will." I said, trying to fake embarrassment. "Goodnight" I tell her as I walk to my bedroom giving off a very long yawn.

Saturday ended up being a very similar day to Friday afternoon, helped by the fact that it rained all day. I spent most of it either at my desk doing homework or on the toilet ensuring I kept my goodnite dry and clean. The time I spent was starting to get annoying, but I was doing it, and rewarding myself for my success with endless glasses on glasses of sweet green carbonated beverages. It honestly was the only thing keeping me awake as I finished my homework and studied.

As I was getting ready for bed that night I started to think how I could not wear goodnites to bed every night. Soon mom would know I was healthy enough to stay dry and I would have to go back to my normal routine. I looked at the drawer that contained all my panties which had been left closed for a full week and decided that tonight might be a good night to try it out. Slipping on the pink underwear was odd, I felt naked and immediately uncomfortable. It felt sad that this all had to end, looking down at my clean goodnite I knew it would be so easy to put it back on but also knew that the fun had to end sometime. I sigh and get into my bed. Again I was reminded how uncomfortable everything was, my leg came together too easily and seemed to stick together, my covers too breathable, my bed too hard. To say that I was deprived of sleep as I tossed and turned into dreamland would be an understatement.