[EIGHT]

GWEN POV

I open my eyes and look around. Where am I? While sitting up I try to listen. Try to listen to the people that are talking outside the room.

"-girls doing here?"

I hear. While looking around I stand up. I sneak out of the room and run outside.

While I run I look around. Then, I see a high kind of treehouse, but without the walls.

I run to the ladder and climb up it, and when I'm at the top, I look around.

The only thing I could see was grass, some small huts, big doors and boys.

Many boys.

I look down when they shout. "What is she doing there? - Hey Jeff, I thought she was asleep? - Is that one of the Greenies? - DIBS!"

"Can't you guys shut up for a moment?!" I shout.

They start laughing and a boy looks at me. "What can you do about it?"

I take an apple from a tree that's close and throw it on his head.

A dark-skinned man chuckles and says the boys have to get back to work. Work?

"Gally, get her, will you?"

I look around and see a small knife. I sit against the tree trunk and hold the knife in front of me.

When the boy comes up, he looks scared for a second, but then walks to me.

I stretch my arm so the knife almost almost touches him.

"I will take that.." After a couple times of trying I slowly let go of the knife and he takes it.

He sits down and looks at me. "Where am I? What am I doing here?" I ask him and sigh.

"Well.. I'm Gally, and welcome to the Glade."

Glade? What's that? Before I could ask Gally looks down. "Alby will give you the tour.. probably in a couple days."

I nod and look at Gally, who is standing up. "Are you coming?"

I nod and stand up too. Together we walk off the ladder and at the end, a dark-skinned boy is waiting.

"Hey Greenie, I'm Alby." He says. I nod and try to think. What's my name?

"I know what you're thinking. 'Why can't I remember anything?' Well, that happened to us all. You'll remember your name in a couple days."

I nod and look around.

The Glade, hm?