Ep 12: Nightmares!

Theodore Glass was terrifying.

Forget being in a room alone with Phi or Red Eye. Theodore definitely took the cake.

Speaking of cake, after Fubuki's conversation with Phi and Theodore the pair made their way to BC Sol. It was a pretty long flight complete with lots of snacks and talking.

"...And then he said something like "This isn't over and it's only a matter of time."

"Wow how cryptic, I wonder how he knew about you entering the tournament."

"I know, I wonder how he knew about that too."

For the rest of the flight the pair talked about Theodore, Phi, Free, etc.

When they landed they made their way to BC Sol.

A huge sign hung saying Happy Birthday Free!

In the courtyard was a bunch of people talking but very few were dancing.

Valt, Nika and Shu were talking at a table while Kris and Joshua were at the other.

Silas and Lui were alone watching everyone else dance.

Honey and Kit were dancing in the center having a good time.

Standing there Fubuki felt sorrow, each one of these people here have lost someone. It was sad to think this was all that was left besides Xavier, Xander, Hoji, Ben, Boa, Hyde and etc.

Little did Fubuki know that every year BC Sol would throw Free a surprise party. At first the bladers didn't know when his birthday was. In fact nobody knew, except for Kris.

But one day Valt decided to ask Kris when Free's birthday was, and that's how it started. After that Valt wanted to throw Free a surprise party.

Before Valt came along Kris and Free used to celebrate together but eventually Free stopped. Kris got busy trying to take over the duties of her grandfather while Free thought it was a waste of time.

But for today they were celebrating even when Free wasn't there. People still brought presents. In fact Valerie brought a deer plushie while Fubuki had a picture of BC Sol in a frame.

Ange brought out a large cake, it was a three tiered vanilla and chocolate cake. On top was a deer and the words: Happy Birthday Free in frosting.

Ange didn't know what Free's favorite cake was since every year when Ange asked Free always said the same thing: "I don't care, do something that works for everyone."

And so that's what Ange always made and there were never any complaints.

The cake was good, it was very moist and the frosting complimented it well.

Ange also made sure to save a piece for Free when he came back and Kris kept all the presents for Free in his room.

After finishing off his second piece of cake Fubuki along with Valerie went over to Shu and Valt.

"Fubuki, it's nice to see you and Valerie too. I take it the list I gave each of you wasn't too hard?"

"Nope." said Valerie giving Shu a smile

Fubuki shook his head in agreement.

After talking about getting strong and Phi's tournament Valerie had to go to the bathroom leaving Fubuki, Shu and Valt alone together.

"Guys we got a problem,"

"What is it Fubuki?"

"Theodore and Phi. They're working together and they're planning something big. They came to me yesterday asking me to join them in return for challenging Phi. They also mentioned something about my resonance."

"Oh that's right I forgot to tell you Shu, the other day Theodore did the same thing along with Phi. They offered me a chance to see Free again if I joined them. Of course I said no but still I wonder what they're up to."

"Fubuki what exactly did Theodore say about your resonance?"

"He mentioned something about me coming in contact with dark resonance and that it should've corrupted me by now but it hasn't. Instead I'm normal, just a little more powerful or something."

"Hmmm."

"Wow I've never heard of that before, a blader that's in between light and dark." said Valt thinking.

"How do you feel, Fubuki?"

"Fine but just worried about my situation I asked Theodore on getting rid of it but he didn't really give me an answer. Do you think you guys could get rid of it?"

Valt was silent thinking it over while Shu was too.

"Energy cannot be created nor destroyed, only transformed into a new form of energy. I wouldn't worry about it now Fubuki but if your situation gets worse let me know."

Fubuki nodded his head in agreement.

Little did everyone know that someone was out in the forest watching their every move. He was a bit on the older side but that was hidden underneath his cloak. Now this wasn't Phi or Theodore, no this was someone different.

Someone with blonde hair and black eyes. Someone that was Free De La Hoya.

******

Later that night since BC Sol also had some missing bladers on their roster they had some extra guest rooms. Kris was kind enough to allow the guests from Free's party to stay over.

Some guests like Shu, Valt, and Rantaro or Sasha and Honey were having sleepovers. While others were chatting with friends like Valerie.

But not Fubuki, instead he fell asleep.

At the party Fubuki didn't tell anyone this but for the past couple of nights he had been having nightmares. But the weird part was that they were always the same.

A shadowy beast stood before him with large wings and purple eyes. The shape of the body somewhat resembled a bird or dragon. But every night Fubuki would always run and he would always get caught.

The beast would also catch everyone else too doing the same thing, putting them under his control. Then as always Fubuki would be saved for last. And that's when he would wake up.

Now it wasn't the monster that was scary it was always the fact that Fubuki felt like he was losing everything around him.

But this night it was different, this time it was Forenous versus this shadow monster. It was an endless battle between light and darkness. Fubuki would call out moves to Forenous thinking that he was winning but he was wrong.

After waking up in the middle of the night again Fubuki walked across the hallway to Shu's room. After the sleepover Shu had gone back to his room.

"Hey Shu?"

"Hmm?" Shu sat up rubbing his eyes.

"What is it Fubuki?"

"We need to talk."