Ep 13: The Ghost Town!

The next morning Fubuki and Valerie left for their final destination: the mountain peaks by the Dread Tower.

Fubuki was still tired from the night before but he didn't let that stop him.

If the group made it to the peaks without any stops or distractions they would make it on schedule. But of course something always happens because this wouldn't be interesting if something didn't happen.

At this point the pair was starting to see the mountains up ahead but they still seemed far away. As they walked Fubuki was quiet thinking about what Theodore said the other day.

"It's only a matter of time..."

No matter how hard Fubuki tried to get rid of those words they kept echoing in his head over and over. Like a catchy song, but this was anything but catchy.

The more powerful Fubuki got, the more time was running out for him. At first he was lucky that the dark power hadn't corrupted him yet but now this was serious. The power surges and his glowing eyes were all the proof he needed to know it wasn't long before he was fully corrupted.

"Hey Valerie?"

"Yeah Fubuki?"

Fubuki was quiet he was trying to think of an easy way to say this but there was no easy way.

"Are you familiar with the term: Corrupted Resonance?"

"Yeah, it's when bladers power gets corrupted and they become possessed. Why?"

"I think my resonance is...corrupted."

Valerie gasped softly.

"What, are you okay?"

"It's you I'm worried about. How are you doing?"

"Scared, I've seen Aiger go through this and believe me it wasn't pretty. And I'm just scared because I don't know what this will do to me? I mean will it be different or will I lose you.."

Fubuki teared up a little trying to hide it.

"Come here."

Valerie pulled Fubuki into a hug and for a while the pair just stood there hugging.

"You don't need to be strong all the time even people like Shu need breaks sometimes."

"Yeah but I'm not Shu."

That quieted Valerie but she still hugged Fubuki.

Fubuki pulled away and kept walking. His mind drifted back to his conversation last night with Shu.

Shu didn't really have a straight answer for Fubuki's condition in fact Shu had never seen anything like Fubuki's condition. For most bladers dark resonance could take between a few days to weeks to completely take over.  But not months.

Fubuki was scared though, the way the dark resonance worked was almost like a virus. Slowly taking over it's victim until they're gone.

"Hey Fubuki look!"

Valerie pointed to something out in the distance. It wasn't that far, but there was something off about it.

"Let's go check it out!" Valerie took off running in pursuit.

"Wait, Valerie!"

Fubuki took off running too, following Valerie from a distance.

Just then the pain was everywhere, through every nerve. Fubuki fell to the ground gripping it as hard as he could. Then the pain went away.

"It's the virus."

"Huh."

Fubuki looked down to see Forenous glowing. Tapping into his power Fubuki was face to face with Forenous. But something was off. A little part of the shark's tale was a shadowy black. And it was slowly taking over.

"You knew about this the whole time?"

"Yes, at first the virus wasn't much of the problem back then until now. You're condition has been getting worse and now that energy is starting to get a grip on you."

"The infection is starting to pick up, I'm not sure how much time I have. If it keeps spreading like this then maybe I'll turn into.. Red Eye."

Fubuki hung his head in defeat.

"And you'll be.."

"Yes, but we'll just have to defeat Phi and Theodore before that can happen."

Fubuki nodded his head and smilied after hearing what Forenous said Fubuki was feeling a little bit better.

"Hey Fubuki look!"

Without realizing it they had made it to the abandoned ghost town in the mountains. A giant fence covered the area with a large sign saying "Keep out."

But like most kids they ignored the sign.

Hopping over the fence Fubuki had a very bad feeling.

There weren't any concrete roads in fact most of it was dirt roads taken over by plants.

It was a small little town, a few houses here and there in fact there was one elementary, middle and high school.

The part of the town the pair was entering was the shops. The whole place was just creepy. Graffiti covered most of the walls with its bold colors contrasting its sad colors.

Peering inside the window there was debris all over the place.

Moving on, Fubuki got into more of the houses and schools. Most of the houses were very cookie cutter. One floor ranch style with one or two garages with a small yard.

The whole place just seemed sad but then Fubuki found it, the school. Going over to it, it seemed to intimidate the sky with its brick exterior.

While exploring Fubuki also found some abandoned training places and clubs.

They were all creepy and Fubuki actually managed to find some beys too.  But before he could investigate it further something grabbed Fubuki from behind.

Sorry for the short chapter I got distracted and it became hard to write/ finish this anyways hope you guys enjoyed it