Kōushi

Sugawara's POV

I looked down at the sketch I've been working on all night. I put my signature near his shoulder and add small details.

"You out of your artist block?" My mother asks and I nod, holding the sketch pad in front of me. She glances over my shoulder.

"You've gotten better. Who is he?"

"Uhm...a friend."

"A friend?" I nod as I breathe in through my useless lungs. I softly cough into my elbow and flip the page.

"What's with the worried look?" I ask softly as my mother glances back up from the paperwork. She shakes her head, "It's nothing, dear. Nothing to worry about." I let out a sigh before picking up my phone.

2 text messages from unknown. Unknown?

"Hey Sugawara, It's Daichi! Did you finish the sketch?" I smile at this and furrow my eyebrows once a serious question comes to my head.

S- How'd you get my number?

D- Papers. How are you?

S- Wait...you can't just dodge the subject. You haven't seen those papers in weeks?

D- There's something called a printer, Kōushi.

S- Kōushi? Also, I know what a printer is.

D- Yeah, Kōushi.

S- I haven't been called that since I was fourteen.

D- Really? Well now you get to say that people still call you that.

S- Okay. Well, I have stuff to do, such as...use a printer.

D- haha. Very funny.

S- no I'm serious. Talk soon Daichi.

D- You too, Kōushi

I smile down at my phone and glance up to see my mother smiling as well.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I softly laugh and she just looks away, still with a smile.

"You haven't smiled for years, Suga. Well, not like that anyway."

"I know..."

"I remember the night before your father left...you smiled and told us you were interested in volleyball. I didn't know that was going to be the last time to see your real smile."

"Volleyball was the only thing that made me happy."

"And even that got taken away from you..." I nod and start drawing doodles of volleyballs on the sheet of paper. I put the sketch pad down and lay my head on the pillow,looking out the window.

"I'm sorry for being sick, mother..." I mumble before drifting off into a light sleep.

--- ----- ---

Short chapter : )

Words- 395

Finished- August 14th