Love

Daichi's POV

I look up to see Suga's mother run out, crying, shouting, "I won't be a mother no more!" My eyes widen at her words.

"Mother..." I hear Suga mumbles as he jogs out the door. Michimaya looks up at me, her face terrified. As soon as Kira begins to cry Michimaya nods as I hand her Kira.

I race after Sugawara and his mother but I find myself in the front of the hospital parking lot. I look over to my side to see Suga on the ground, trying to catch his breath.

"Suga..." He looks up at me and instantly wraps his arms around me.

"S-She abandoned me...! S-She left me!" I feel his warm tears slide down his face. "N-Now it's just me...t-they both left..." and I realized. His father abandoned him too. He only had his mother.

"W-Who's going to pay the-" he coughs before finishing the question.

"Shhh...let's go back inside...please." He shakes his head, "N-No...I might as well die. I don't need help...without my mother I'm going to die anyway!" He coughs again as his breathing separates.

"Kōushi...let's go." I hated him talking like this. I hated him crying. Because I love his smile. I love his laugh. I love him happy. As soon as we walk into the hospital Suga is taken away once again.

I walk over to Michimaya and a sleeping Kira. I sit down and put my face in my hands and sigh. I look back up as we sit in silence.

"Well...Kira and I are going to go home...you stay here with Suga,okay?"

"Are you sure?" She nods, "Yeah, besides, Kira will throw a fit if we're still here...I love you Daichi...I'll see you tomorrow."

"I love you too...." I whisper as she walks off. This wasn't true. I only said it because I thought it was love.

I knock on Suga's door before entering. I look up to see his attention averted out the window. Tears are still falling down his face. I hated seeing him like this again. I've never seen him like this before today. He always seemed like it was impossible to cry. Impossible to seem sad.

"Suga?"

"Hm...?" He hums quietly, his eyes still out the window.

"Are you okay...?" He shakes his head and hands me a piece of paper. I grab it and my eyes widen as I read it.

"115 pounds...? T-Twenty to t-ten? This can't be accurate...!" He nods.

"It is...I'm getting worst. A lot worst..." he sighs, "b-but it's okay! As long as-"

"You said...you were getting better..." I mumble.

"That's not exactly-"

"No...y-you said you weren't going to...Suga..." I feel tears of my own forming as I fall to my knees and bow my head.

"Daichi...d-don't do that..." I let out quiet sobs. I've only known Suga for a little while...but he's my best friend. He makes me really happy. If I lose him...I can't go on.

"Daichi...I-I'm sorry..." I look back up, "what do you mean...?"

"I'm sorry you met me. If your mother dropped off the papers, you would've been happy. You wouldn't have to be here..." I race over and put my arms around him this time. I put my arms around his waist and tug on the back of his shirt. We sit there in silence. The silence is deafening. Almost as if somebody is screaming in your ear but you can't hear any of it. I hear his breathing starting to slow down. I look up and see him asleep. I slowly move over to the side, not moving my arms.

"I..." I sigh quietly, "I love you, Kōushi..." I whisper before drifting into a dreamless sleep. I loved him. I knew I did. No...I didn't love him. There's no words to describe it.

——— ————— ———

Special shoutout to: JillR20 : ) here's the new chapter ♥️

Words- 645

Published- August 19th