Promises

Sugawara's POV

"Why can't you get proper treatments?" I take a deep breathe and smile, making my way next to him.

"This isn't your original question." He shrugs and nods his head, "such as?" I ask, not knowing what he meant. I grip onto his hand.

"Uhm...just treatments...medication, oxygen therapy, lung...transplant." He gets quieter and more shy. I look down and nod my head.

"Well I've tried everything...some of them helped with my breathing but last night was the first time I've been out of the hospital in 2 years...and the transplant? Couldn't afford it.." I sigh, "I've been on the waiting list for a year now. But it's okay. People with lung cancer or cystic fibrosis needs it more than I do..."

"That's not true..."

"They can die at any day, at any time...I still have time. I'll have a few death scares but I'm never leaving, Daichi. I promise." I hold out my pinky, like a little child, he puts his pinky up and wraps it around mine. We both smile and let out a little chuckle.

"I love you..." he mumbles and I smile, "I love you too."

——————————————

"How about...you cook?"

"No, no, no, no. I don't think I want my house burnt down tonight..." I snort, and turn around in embarrassment. He grabs me by the waist and whispers in my ear, "that was cute..." I'm probably more red than a rose right now.

"U-Uhm! W-We should-uh..." I turn around, not knowing Daichi was still there. I try turning around but his grip grew tighter, but not hurtful.

"Do I still make you nervous, Kōushi?" Oh my god...yes. Yes. Of course.

"No..." I mumble, grabbing Daichi to kiss him. As we hear a knock at the door, Daichi turns his head, causing me to kiss his cheek instead.

"Did you expect anyone?" He furrows his eyebrows, shaking his head.

"Not at all." He says loosening his grip before walking towards the door. I feel his arm drift off of mine and I instantly get chills. I grip onto my arms, trying to keep myself warm enough. I go back to cutting vegetables and checking on the rice, not wanting to be nosy of who was at the door.

Daichi's POV

I twist the doorknob and open the door to see Michimaya and Kira. Kira runs up to me, hugging her arms around my lower body.

"Hi, dad!" She smiles I smile and give her a small hug, glancing up at Michimaya. Kira runs inside, I see Suga glance up and he nods his head. I shut the door to talk to my ex girlfriend.

"Michimaya, you should really tell me when you're going to come here." I say, immediately. She nods, "you're right. But I'm going drinking with the girls tonight. So can you please,please,please,please, watch Kira for the night!" I sigh,  using my index finger and thumb, massaging the ridge between my eyes.

"Fine. But please, notify me ahead of time!" She nods, "aye aye captain!" She laughs, I smile in return before waving goodbye. I sigh once more before walking back in, seeing Kira talking about her day with Suga. As soon as I walk in, they both glance up at me. They both smile, acknowledging my presence before talking again.

"What's that thing in your nose?" Kira asks, my eyes widen, "Kira that's-" Suga looks at me and holds his hand up, "it's fine, Daichi."

"I have a hard time breathing. So this helps me." He explains, taking his cannula off.

"Suga-" he looks at me again, the look in his eyes saying it's all okay. I mumble small things to myself as I see him put it back on.

"Well, I'm going to watch tv. Nice talking to you, Kōu!" Kira waves before jumping over the couch. I see Suga, smiling. He looks so motherly.

"She's fun." Suga says, washing his hands to start preparing supper again.

"Are you breathing alright?" Suga nods his head enthusiastically, "it was only for a little while, Daichi. I've been through worse." I nod, taking a small portion of rice for Kira.

Can I even think of a future with Suga? I have to. I have to be positive.

———————————
A little shorter chapter but it's okay : )

Words- 725

Finished- August 22,2020

Vote

Comment

Share..

...