Wonder

Sugawara's POV

"Fresh air at last!!" I breathe in as the doors open wide. Dr. Sohma said it would be okay to get out of the hospital since my condition improved. For once...I believed I was getting better.

I hear a small chuckle come from Daichi as he intertwined his fingers with mine. I started to swing both our hands as we walked. We got a few stares, a few awes, a few insults, but I didn't care. I was so happy. Really happy.

"Where we heading to?" I ask as we enter a neighborhood. I look around and notice very nice houses.

"We're going to my home." Daichi smiles, looking at me, not looking in front of us. I smile and look in front us, since he isn't.

I start humming a song that always pops into my head. It's not a real song. It just pops up. Daichi let's out a small chuckle and I quickly stop, thinking he was laughing at me. I turn red from embarrassment and still continue to walk.

"Do you sing, Suga?" He asks, I shake my head, "n-no! I mean- sometimes...b-but no." I look up to see us walking into his house. It's middle classed. I sigh, nervously. Does he live with anybody? What if it's a mess? I'm going to want to clean it- he'll probably think I'm a clean-

The door opens and I stop in my tracks as he looks back at me. He grabs my hand and pulls me closer to him. I keep my eyes attached to his as I take off my shoes.

"You know manners." He smiles and I nod.

"Yes, in fact,I do." I smile back catching a glance at his living room. It's clean just a couple of books, papers, and dishes. I instantly look back at him. My eyes bounce from his eyes to his lips, over and over before I get stuck looking at his eyes. I look away, knowing he won the battle we were having with our eyes.

"I'll always win, Kōushi. I can stare at you all day if I had to." I feel myself get red, "d-don't say that..." I embarrassingly say. He chuckles at this as he takes off his shoes.

I try to walk away to the couch but I'm stopped by Daichi snaking his arm around my waist, holding me back. I look at him and smirk. I grab his face and kiss it once more, letting myself be free.

"Let's watch a movie." I smile as I sit on the couch.

"What movie?" Daichi asks, crouching down, below the tv. I smile as I remember my favorite movie.

"What?" He looks at me, catching me with a big smile.

"Don't laugh." He nods, and I chuckle to myself, "Wonder."

"What movie is that?" He asks and I widen my eyes.

"SERIOUSLY!" He nods, his eyebrows furrowed, probably confused.

"Where's your laptop?" I ask as he grabs it. I pat next to me on the couch as he races towards me. I put my glasses on and squint at the bright screen, finding it available before buying it.

"Suga!" I laugh, "are you ready to cry?" I ask as he looks at me, confused.

Daichi's POV

We both get into our comfortable positions before the movie starts. It starts out showing a little boy with a space helmet, talking about how he wanted to be normal. Once it showed his face, I understood why. But like Jack Will said, you get used of it. I pause the movie as it approaches Via's part. I look down and see Suga slowly falling asleep, trying to keep his eyes open. I pet his head, "it's okay to fall asleep. I'll say my opinions afterwards." I smile down as he nods, turning around, tugging onto my shirt.

——— ————— ———

As the movie reached the end, I try to hide the fact that I'm crying. It was a pretty emotional movie. In some way, it did remind me of Suga. It was impossible not to love a few characters. As the credits roll, I look down again, to still see Suga asleep. I slowly peel my arm off of him and choose to answer my emails. Most of them from lawyers and co workers. I feel Suga squirm and I look down to find him awake this time.

"Well, good afternoon, Kōushi." He groans and shuts his eyes again.

"Wake me up when the movie is finished..." he mumbles and I smile.

"It's over, Kōu." He rubs his eyes as he sits up. He blinks a couple of times and yawns. Still tired, he lays his head on my shoulder.

"...did you cry?" I laugh and nod.

"When?"

"Probably when Miranda started talking about her family life and how she felt a part of the Pullman's family." He nods, "when I watched it with my mother, I cried when Daisy died. I'm pretty sure everyone else in the theater did too." He smiles. We begin to have small talk about the movie and our opinions on the characters.

"You thought Jack deserved to get punched! Julian did if anything!"

"Look, I get it. But Jack said he'd KILL HIMSELF if he looked like August."

"Yeah, yeah whatever." He rolls his eyes and I laugh. This felt nice. It felt like...we've known each other for years.

It felt normal.

———— —————— ————

Oops- accidentally published before I put this-

Words- 1002

Finished- August 21, 2020

Vote

Comment

Share