Finale 2/3

Daichi's POV

I arrived at the destination and breathed in before walking in. I look up to see everybody we knew there. Most of Karasuno's former players,a few nurses and doctors,and...his mother. I then spot him, talking to someone with a smile. Nobody here knows what happened, except for a few nurses and doctors, glaring at me.

'Why the hell is he here? He hurt Sugawara.' They're probably thinking

As soon as everybody sits down, the ceremony starts. Starting with his mother's speech,then it goes down the list until my name.

"Now, finally we have, Suga's trusting partner, Suwamura Daichi." I glance up to see Suga's eyes widen as I walk up to the podium. I can't look at him. Not his reaction to this stupid speech.

"Okay...uhm...well based off of everyone else's speeches, mine is kind of bad." This causes a few chuckles around the crowd.

"But Suga was...or is...a star. A shooting star. I can never catch him...at all." I get a few more chuckles. "And I would tell you guys all of our happy moments but...I probably won't let a sentence out without breaking down in a tsunami of tears." I glance up and this causing Suga to softly smile.

"But the more time I spent with Kōu...the more I started to be free. I yearned to be like him...because he may not be a lot of people's definition of perfect but he is definitely my definition of it. There was a quote we both made fun of one time...at a festival." I see Suga, trying to hide a snicker.

"It said, 'push yourself, because nobody is going to do it for you' but now I realize...it's true."my vision starts to become blurry.

"Uhm...I'll just get straight to the chase..." I sigh, "Sugawara Kōushi. A, now, twenty three year old, who deserves the world but will never ask for it. Sugawara Kōushi is..." I look at him, looking straight back at me.

"Sugawara Kōushi is...a blessing. A blessing that blessed me among with everybody else. So today...I wanted to rate my pain a million out ten. I'm sorry..." I say before wiping my eyes.

"That's all. Thank you..." I wave as I get down.

Sugawara's POV

I get up and wrap my arms around him, almost stumbling over, crying.

"Y-You said you weren't coming..."

"Yeah...I was pretty upset..."

"I'm sorry..."

"For what...?"

"I'm sorry for leaving you..." I say, it's a true apology.

"Don't apologize...it's okay..."

That night

As I feel my lungs starting to give up, Daichi was there. Holding my hand, comforting me. As I felt myself finally fall asleep he leans down and whispers in my ear, "I love you, Kōushi. Till the end of today...all the way until tomorrow."

"I love you too, Daichi....today and tomorrow..."

And those were my last words. My last words...to the love of my life. Goodbye Daichi....goodbye world....goodbye...reader.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I cried writing this chapter as well. One more chapter until this fan fiction is over. One more story.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Words- 530

Finished- August 23, 2020

Vote

Comment

Share