The Tests

Suga's POV

"Hey I'm going to bring a few guests, is that okay?"

"Mhm." I reply over the phone as I sketch.

"Are you sure?"

"Yep. It'll keep my mom and nurses out." It was testing day. They wouldn't usually let guests in but Daichi kept insisting the reception he'll be okay with me and that he brought me "comfort", which he did.

"Is it testing day?" I sigh, "yeah. So please bring a whole country with you, will you?" I joke but I don't hear anything on the other side.

"Suga. You need to do testing. I promise the others and I will be right there once it's done. Alright?"

"Daichi. No."

"Excuse me?"

"Sorry..but I really really really really really don't want to." I hear him chuckle on the other side of the phone.

"Well you have to, so...we'll have to wait." I smile,"alright" there was a long pause before he responded, "alright." The phone beeps before I put it down. Dr. Sohma walks in with all the equipment on a cart.

"Hello, Sugawara." He smiles and I nod, "Hi."

"Are you ready for you test?" I nod, lying. What if I get news I don't want to? It's going to be harder and harder to lie to Daichi.

I look out the window as the nurse and doctor check my blood pressure and take out blood. They do simple tests such as a six minute walk without a cannula, a pulse oximetry (which they tie something around you finger to determine your breathing and how it affects my heart beat) and then it got into the actual test. Spirometry.

"We'll be right back. Thanks for you patience." I nod as the doctors and nurses leave the room. I open my phone to see no notifications. How did I live like this before?

S- Just one more test to go 🎉

Daichi responds immediately.

D- See? It wasn't that bad.

I roll my eyes at this comment and smile.

S- who said it wasn't bad? I couldn't breathe through half of it.

D- Well, you cant complain until you get results.

I look up and see the door beginning to open.

S- okay the final test is here. I'll tell you the results once they're here, alright?

D- alright : )

I put down my phone as the doctor walks in, "Okay we need to measure your height and weight." I nod.

"5'8 and 115 pounds." The nurse nods and writes it down. I'm getting worst. I always had a fear of the Spirometry. What is spirometry you might ask? Spirometry is a way to diagnose or test lung diseases. They put a clip onto your nose so it's easier to detect, then you breathe into a mouth piece, which is connected to a spirometer, you repeat that three times as the doctors graph the decreases. It's usually very difficult to breathe if you half lungs like mine. It's painful. I've always hated it, ever since I got diagnosed using that method.

"Okay, Suga. You ready?" I nod reluctantly as the clip my nose and put the mouth piece into my mouth. They take the test and mark it down on the graph. Their faces make it seem like it's decreased...a lot.

--- ---- ---

"His breathing has gone down quite a bit. His respiratory rate has gone from 20 breaths per minute to 10. This is an abnormally dangerous drop. In his first test, he only walked for about three minutes before losing his breath. He..." the words begin to disappear as I see my mother's eyes begin to water. I look away and see all the paperwork again.

"Suga?" I get out of my space and look again.

"Hm?"

"You're average time of living isn't long..." That's when my mother ran out.

"I know..." I nod as I get up and race after my mother.

--- ---- ---

Longer chapter once again : )

Words- 655

Finished- August 19, 2020