19;; just stay away

the words kept on repeating in taehyung's head as he stared at jeongguk kneeling down with his hands in his.

"please say yes. please say yes." jeongguk chanted and closed his eyes waiting for the other to reply.

"no." taehyung suddenly said.

jeongguk opened his eyes and couldn't believe what the other just said. he now pulled himself to his feet and took a step closer towards the other.

"babe, you are joking right?" jeongguk caressed the younger's cheek softly with a smile but his smile faded when taehyung pushed his hand away.

"what happened?" jeongguk didn't give up and again was about to cup the other's cheeks when the brunette harshly pushed him away.

"we can't be together." taehyung cried out, the tears already rolling down his cheeks, "we can't be together, jeon jeongguk."

"why?" jeongguk forcibly hugged the other who was now crying hard.

taehyung tried to free himself from the bone crushing hug but couldn't.

"leave me fucker." jeongguk didn't let go and buried his face in the crook of the other's neck, "tae, we can be together."

"no, we can't." taehyung squirmed in the other's hold and the other finally let go. he slowly brushed his fingers through the other's silky brown locks.

"just fuck off!" taehyung again pushed the other, this time, harder.

"you can't be with me. no one can be with me." taehyung half shouted and jeongguk hung his head low.

"why, baby? you like me, i like you. then what's holding you back." jeongguk couldn't keep his tears in and finally let them out, the fat tears rolled down his cheeks in torrents.

"why?" jeongguk repeated and taehyung now shifted his focus from their feet to the senior's face.

"cause i am fucking dying." taehyung sobbed covering his face with both his palms.

he never thought this moment will come in his life. he never thought he would be crying because of the fact that he is gonna die soon.

he never regretted having cancer.

until now.

but he doesn't want to be sad. he even doesn't want jeon jeongguk to get hurt at the end and for the better, they can't be together.

"don't say that-" jeongguk was cut off by the other, "stopping me won't reduce the chances of me dying."

"you can't change that gguk. no one can in this world can." taehyung bit his bottom lip trying to keep his tears in but horribly failed when the next of tears rolled down.

"i don't have much time, jeongguk. all these dating stuff isn't in my fate." taehyung took step closer and grabbed the other's collar, "you shouldn't have ever entered my life, jeon jeongguk. you ruined it all."

"i can't stay away from you kim taehyung." jeongguk booped their noses against each other's and both of them shut their eyes close letting the tears fall in sync.

maybe they were the perfect definition of young love.

"you gotta stay away from me." taehyung whispered softly, his hot breath hitting the senior's lips.

"i would rather die." jeon jeongguk expressed and taehyung let out a small chuckle, "no, jeongguk. you gotta live."

"you gotta live. for me." taehyung stepped away from the other and wiped the tears away. he looked up at the other and smiled.

"staying with me is nothing but fooling yourself jeon jeongguk. you can do better than that."

"i spent the best time of my life with you, jeon jeongguk. even though it's short but still it's enough." taehyung smiled even wider while the other was crying hard.

"and the best for both of us that-" taehyung paused for a second, taking a deep breath he continued.

"it's better if you don't see each other. so just stay away."

////////////////////////

:'(

will update again