Ginji's taste test

~ Ginji ~

Rage, bloodlust, and adrenaline course throughout my body. This overwhelming challenge in front of me is an all you can eat buffet and I'm starved.

With drool slobbering down my chin I must look like a rabid dog. Desperate to control our urges, I slowly draw a single sword before questioning Akira.

"One monster to another. Just how did you find me? I didn't leave a single corpse in the past four weeks, not even those from the restaurant. I covered my tracks expertly." Wiping the drool away, I await a reply.

Akira stops several meters in front of me and places his hands in his pockets. "It doesn't matter to me where you go or where you hide, I will always be able to find you. I am probably the only man in this country that could ever track you down, Mr Cannibal. Do not be surprised to hear you are not the only monster prowling this small world. I know very well what you are and before you can discover what I am, I need to see to it that you die here, or that you are arrested. Personally, I don't care which you choose, but judging by the katana in your hand you have chosen to die. Sniper teams take your shot." Akira stops speaking as he himself draws a nine millimetre and aims it at my head.

Multiple shots sound around me; I immediately stop time. More than a dozen bullets float in the air mere inches from my head.

After escaping the circle of bullets, I race frantically towards Akira with my blade raised, ready to slash at his throat. I watch as his eyes change to a very intimidating bright blue before looking down on me.

What the heck is happening? I had frozen time and yet not only were his eyes moving but so was his left arm, armed now with a bright blue sabre like-sword.

This gleaming blue sabre ripples in the air as it swings to match my katana. Where it came from I have no idea. His hand was in his pocket and you don't just pull a whopping big sword out of a pocket. Akira always gave off a powerful aura, but with his eyes changing it's like a seismometer pinging from low too high in my head.

Drool and adrenaline won't stop. He is so damn strong and both me and Vetis want to devour him.

Our swords clang together and a smirk creeps up on Akira's face as my arm and katana bounce back. He effortlessly repels me and forces me back. No mere mortal could do that. In our last encounter, it felt like I held the upper hand only slightly, but this time seems to be more one sided.

Temptation takes hold and I do something I don't normally do. I lunge at Akira with my face. I assume he didn't expect it either, from the shocked expression he gives. With time unfreezing, I hear the volley of shots from the surrounding officers.

Akira howls in pain as I rip a chunk out of his left shoulder with my teeth. Still latched on to his shoulder, I continue to gorge and drain his blood. Snipers shoot at me, but I don't care, not even when several shots go through my back. The pain and the taste of Akira are fantastic!

Normally, I don't eat good guys or kill them, but this, this taste is beyond anything I have ever tasted before. Vetis is in heaven, although he is barking orders at me to kill, maim, and devour Akira. He's lost it more than usual.

The police shooters are becoming an annoyance. They must have shot at least fifteen bullets in my back by now. No idea how I'm still alive, but Akira composes himself and with a single knee and kick I go flying across the basketball court.

Fuck! I need more of Akira. I need to eat him, drain him, and pop his fucking eyes! Flipping in the air as bullets rain down on me, I skid across the ground as I try to land on my feet. Hood coming down exposes my blooded face. This is getting too exciting, time to draw my other katana. Just in time too, as more bullets rain down upon me.

Thanks to inhuman reflexes and Vetis's training, I slice the bullets apart.

"Wish you piss ant police would disappear! You're in my fucking way!" I shout in frustration whilst thinking of eating Akira.

No sooner than I speak, the many police surrounding me vanish. They literally go 'poof'. What happened? Akira isn't looking too happy as he stands with gun in one hand and his other arm barely holding his huge sabre thanks to the lump of flesh I ripped off him.

"Gin, he's a genie! Now it makes sense. He is as rare as us when it comes down to demon types, what the fuck is he doing on Earth?" said Vetis energetically. He's getting too excited.

"A genie... Like three wishes kind of bull? Like Aladdin kind of genie?"

"Who's Aladdin? Never mind that anyway. If you don't finish him he will come back stronger next time. You have to end him here and now, Gin! It takes a month to recharge a wish and he can store up to three, I bet he's been using a wish to find our location and, guessing by his ability to now move during 'Time stop', he used a second wish to counter it. Demon abilities are better known as Gifts and genie's Gifts are incredibly strong. Wishes are not the only source of power he has. Be careful, Gin."

Without being able to stop or rewind time this just got a whole lot harder, but I can't stop foaming at the mouth. "So then, Akira, you are a Genie?" I shout to a slightly injured Akira, who has grown even wearier being here.

"Never thought you would figure out what I was, let alone the type of demon I am, Mr. Cannibal. Even without the police here, I can still end you. Just means I can complete my boss's orders to the letter and put a bullet in your head!" Akira stops speaking and fires off the entire clip. Not one bullet is off target.

Deflecting and slicing through every bullet that could mean the end of my life, I manage to survive the whole clip and now it's time to clash with steel.

Akira is producing a blue mist around his body. It's like smoke, thick blue smoke seeping out of his skin. And as I brace to rush him, he vanishes from sight.