Unlikely friendship

~ Vetis ~

After the incident on the basketball court I allowed Ginji the use of his broken body once more, only to have the idiot get his face bashed in and knocked clean out by the arrival of that Dark guy. He was strong, too freaking strong for the human world, and he smelt of hellfire. You don't have that unique smell unless you are from Hell. Nevertheless, he made me itch to fight him.

Whatever they have planned for me and moron, it doesn't seem malicious. The problem will lay within Gin's feeling, as all these people were covered in a mist of decaying blood Human blood. They had killed way more people than us and I doubt Gin won't pick up on it. For now, I will just keep my trap shut and go with his decisions. Not like I can do much else anyway, other than body jack him every now and then.

~ Ginji ~

I wake with a my head pounding like Vetis is doing another one of his bad karaoke nights. The fresh aroma of blood fills the air, only someone it spoiling it by frying it. That's a damn crime.

Opening my eyes, I remove a damp, cream coloured cloth towel from my head. I'm in a very well-lit living room, laid out on a red floral sofa. Sitting up, I observe my surroundings.

Huge sixty two inch T.V mounted on the wall with a mass of music and video games on the shelves next to it. Whoever lives here owns every single gaming console, and every item is some sort of special or limited edition. The coffee table in front of me holds a few manga comics scattered about next to a plate of ears, fingers, eyes, and other small body parts. Next to that sits a clear glass of warm blood. Steam is still coming off it.

A gigantic window the size of a wall lets the owner of this room view the Japanese skyline. We must be incredibly high up. The night-time view is spectacular; like viewing a bright neon light show as many of the buildings in Japan are decorated in enormous illuminated signs.

Across from the living room in the kitchen is a kid only a few years older than myself. He has bright red headphones on, so I doubt he can even hear me, too busy dancing like an idiot as he fries what looks like liver. What a waste of good food. It dawns on me to wonder how he acquired this food? I instinctively reach for my swords, only to find they aren't there.

"Your katanas are in the broom closet by the door. Damn! You vamps heal fast; no wonder you're superior to us wolves. I'm not going to attack you, there is no reason to be aggressive or defensive," says the idiot still dancing in the kitchen.

"Who are you and where am I?" I stand up, my balance swaying as I focus on the teenager's green jumper.

"They call me Takeo, but for the love of god please don't! I seriously cannot be bothered answering a million questions; I'm far too lazy for that. Be grateful I cooked and stuff, normally Kath preps the meals and does the chores around here."

"You bad mouthing me, you stray mutt?" A woman shouts from behind a barely closed door. I assume she's in the shower since steam is pouring out of the room.

"No, bitch! Was saying how terrible your cooking skills are. Hurry up in the shower, will you. Kumi will voodoo you again if you continue to hog it all to yourself." Takeo and Kath continue to argue through the walls of the room.

The atmosphere here feels strange. It feels warm and comforting, a place to belong. But they are clearly killing people and eating them just like me, only issue is I only eat the so-called bad guys.

"I see you eyeing up the plate. You must be hungry, so eat and drink. It isn't poisoned, or perhaps there is another issue at hand?" a voice speaks from behind me.