23

Kendall Ranley

The long day turned into me being a personal pillow for a little girl. I found my eyes getting heavy until Amber came out to me.

"Should I wake her?" I ask in a whisper and she shakes her head. "Are her parents okay?"

"No uh, they didn't make it." She says shortly and I sigh.

"Both? Seriously, she's so young." I brush the hair on her head with my fingertips. She's barely experienced life and now she can't live the rest of it with her parents.

"I've already called the morgue, I'll go connect social services for her." She says quietly and walks off. I was like Beth, a child, a child who's now an orphan. An orphan who tragically lost both parents, and saw it happen.

She starts stirring in my lap and her eyes flutter open. "Mornin' sunshine!" I smile at her and she sits up; rubbing her tired eyes.

"Are my mommy and daddy back?" Beth asks with hopeful eyes. I mentally dread the conversation I'm about to have with her.

"No, they uh, they aren't back. You see, there are times in life when sometimes people can't always be fixed. The injures your mom and dad had weren't able to be fixed. See now your parents are in a better place now sweetie."

"When are they coming back?" She questions and tilts her head.

"They won't be Beth, they've passed away." I say quietly and her face goes blank.

"Die. Mommy and daddy die?" She says with glossy eyes and I painfully nod at her. Discussing death with a child was always difficult. There are things they don't understand, things they refuse to understand.

She clings onto me as tears stream down her face over and over again. Her little sobs break my heart and I hold onto her, trying my best to comfort her. Today felt like a crappy day from the start and it definitely lived up to that.

//
This chapter is fucking terrible, sorry about that:)

For those that are confused about the fact the Lorenzo told Kendall that he ran the Mafia. In this particular story he is extremely well known and feared in New York. I mentioned earlier that people talked on and on about him and the entirety of the Mafia. So everyone in the story is aware of who he is and what he does.

On another note, thank you so much for 20k, love you all. x