Chapter 1

It’s been two years. Two completely crazy years. Me and Dan are still together, we’ve had many fights and fall outs, but we always ended up back together. Truth is, we need each other. I should probably explain a little what went on the past two years. It has not all been easy. I had to live with the anniversary of my family’s death twice, both times Dan was with me every step of the way, we all made sure we were back in the UK for it. I would go to their graves, and basically cry for the whole day, the boys would give me space and try to make me smile a little. Think of the good times and not the bad. Which pretty much worked. We are fast approaching the two year mark for this relationship, and we are in Ireland for now, although Dan insists he has something up his sleeve.

“Will you go to bed already?” Dan asked from the doorway.

“Just give me a minute.”

“You said that an hour ago.” He sighed, I took a look at the clock. Well shit. He is right.

“Fine, fine, I’m coming.” I conceded, quickly sending the email to Shawn. Even though I’m 18 now and he technically doesn’t have to have anything to do with me, he is still there for me and I’m glad he still cares. He has a girlfriend, the same one, her name is Jules and she was actually from the US, turns out they knew each other before and something. I stopped listening, those two have moved in together. Dan and I live together, I mean, we never get to any house, but we live together. He has a flat in Ireland that is ‘ours’ and I still have the room in Shawn’s place, but we mostly spend our time in hotels and on the tour bus. Dan gave me a soft kiss when I finally crawled into bed.

“Love you.” He yawned.

“Love you too baby.” I pressed myself against him, letting his steady heartbeat lull me to sleep.

“DANIEL!” Ailish shouted. She’s here? I didn’t know she was coming round. “DANIEL GET UP!” She started knocking on the bedroom door. It was then I realised Dan was still asleep, well, trying to sleep.

“Dan, why is your Ma here?” I asked, still half asleep.

“Ma? What are you talking about?” He asked, the door opened and Ailish stood there looking at us.

“Daniel.” She raised an eyebrow at us, I rolled to the side allowing Dan to get up. At least he had clothes on this time, yeah, a lot has happened over the past two years. Thank God Ailish still likes me.

“I’m coming. Don’t stress.” He yawned, following her out of the room. I know I wouldn’t get back to sleep, but I guess lying here is better. Who knows what those two are talking about, I’ll give them some privacy. I grabbed my phone to check the date, the boys had finished their tour a week or two ago and I have completely lost track of time. Sunday 18th June. Two days before our anniversary. Fuck. I should think of something decent this year. Last year we spent it in Florida, the same as my birthday actually, we went to the theme parks and acted like children (both times). The only present he got that time was some random thing I found in one of the theme park shops. I want to get something decent, but I can never think of anything for him. And he is so good at choosing presents anyway. Being an uncreative person, I searched for novelty gifts. And found something that would do, it’s only a mug but he loves tea so who gives a fuck, oh and a Manatea infuser. I’ll keep an eye out for something better. I slowly got up, pulling on some jeans and a t-shirt. Have they had enough time? Stuff it, I’m hungry.

“Morning Ailish.” I smiled as I walked through to the kitchen. We are at the flat at the moment.

“Morning dearie.” She turned back to Dan and started saying something, he was listening intently and nodding his head as she went. I ate in the kitchen, just because I’m a lazy person. “I think we are going shopping.” Ailish appeared behind me, grabbing my arm and pulling me from the flat.

“Bye babe, have fun.” Dan kissed me passionately before I left. What? I am so confused.

“Bye.” I replied, he chuckled at the confusion on my face. Mark and Glen walked past us on their way up.

“Bye.” They said, laughing a little as they headed upstairs. I didn’t even respond, am I even awake? This is all very strange.

“Where are we going?” I asked eventually.

“My friend’s granddaughter owns a shop, we are going there.” She shot me a look at granddaughter. Me and Dan haven’t really talked about a family of our own, I know he wants one and I guess I do too. It’s just not something we’ve discussed.

“What for?”

“Something nice for you to wear.” That sounds like an insult, but it really isn’t. Ailish is the loveliest person, I actually get on really well with her.

“I don’t have my purse with me.” I pointed out.

“Daniel is paying.” She shrugged, I think I know what’s going on here. Dan wants me out of the house, and is using his mother as a way to get that. Meanie. And shopping is a good way to do it, I’m sure whatever it is we buy will be used in his plans someway. What a little schemer. I really should be used to it by now.

“Has he told you what he has planned?” I asked.

“Maybe.” She had this sweet little smile, an almost distant look in her eyes. Alright then. I think he has, but probably not everything, he likes to cover himself like that. Not everyone will know, it’s a strictly need to know basis, and as usual I don’t need to know.

A/N - Here we go guys :) I hope you like it, if you haven't read Fix You I advise you do that otherwise some of this won't make sense! If anyone can find a cover or something that would be awesome, this was the only picture that didn't go sideways... Please vote and comment XD Thanks